PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser PC160

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
06-28-05, 02:52 PM
I really want these headphones, but for the love of me, I cannot find any in stock! They are supposed to be one of the best for gaming.

http://www.pccasegear.com/images/pc160skbig.jpg

|MaguS|
06-28-05, 02:55 PM
Could always get them off ebay...

GlowStick
06-28-05, 03:06 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826159413

:D

75$ kinda pricey but nice!

jAkUp
06-28-05, 03:15 PM
Newegg is out of stock :( *sigh* I guess I will just wait till the 10th to buy myself a birthday present.

GlowStick
06-28-05, 03:16 PM
Ah, i didnt notice that party sorry!

jAkUp
06-30-05, 01:35 PM
It said instock earlier today.. i ordered it and now it says out of stock.. does that mean I got the last one?? I hope so :)

GlowStick
06-30-05, 01:51 PM
Hm probly, their stock counter is usually pritty good!

Addy
07-01-05, 05:37 PM
jakUp-

Let us know how you like them. When I was looking for a headset I was hoping Sennheiser would have an open air set, but at the time they didnít. Iím really tempted to get a pair now.

I love my HD545ís that Iíve had for a few years. When I needed a headset I got the Sennheiser 130ís. They sound pretty good, nice bass response for a small set but they do make my ears a bit sore after extended periods of use.

My B-day is the 11th so may have to buy myself a pair, hope the ear cups are large enough for my big ears. :jammin:

Sazar
07-01-05, 07:44 PM
What size speakers do they have? I bought plantronics DSP headphones and they are really good (love the plug n play aspect and the mic is amazing) but if these are a lot better I might switch em out.

jAkUp
07-01-05, 08:41 PM
I overnighted them from newegg. I hope I get them before the holiday, I dunno though... here is some info, I have the Zalman surround sound right now, and they are alright, but most people say they suck :) I'm looking forward to owning a (hopefully) good pair now

* Gives you the unique 3-D, 360į sound experience Ė
sound from all sides including above and below
* Adjustable headband for a perfect fit
* Adjustable, bendable and pivotable microphone makes
the voice more clear and increases comfort and flexibility
* Noise-canceling microphone provides high speech clarity
and voice recognition by filtering out noise around you
* With the in-line volume control and microphone mute
switch, keep sound at the right level or have a side
conversation in privacy
* Equipped with a single-sided extra thick cable for
maximum robustness

Technical data
Headphones
Frequency response .............. 15 Ė 23,000 Hz
Impedance............................... 16 Ω
Sound pressure....................... 114 dB
Cable length............................ 3 m / 10 ft
Connector plug ....................... 2 x 3.5mm for PC/Laptop
Microphone
Frequency response ............... 80 Hz Ė 15,000 Hz
Pick-up pattern....................... Uni-directional
Sensitivity .............................. -38 dB
Impedance............................... ~2 kΩ
Compatibility .......................... With virtually any sound card

Accessories Included:
* Microphone windscreen
Optional:
* Replacement leatherette headband pad
* Replacement ear cushion
* Developed for and with leading
professional eSport Gamers
* Open air speaker system, like that
of Sennheiser open headphones,
provide the ultimate pc gaming
sound, as close to real life as it gets
* XXL padded ear caps for extreme
comfort, even after all night gaming
sessions

nVidi0t
07-02-05, 12:36 PM
Just so you know.. the sound on the 160's is not great. It's more conveniance/lightweight and good voice quality for games. The difference in sound is night and day between the 160's and the HD series.

jAkUp
07-02-05, 12:45 PM
You have the 160's?

Addy
07-02-05, 02:28 PM
Just so you know.. the sound on the 160's is not great. It's more conveniance/lightweight and good voice quality for games. The difference in sound is night and day between the 160's and the HD series.

Any HD headphone? They range from $20 to over $200 so thatís a pretty broad statement. Iím sure they donít compare to the high end, but for $75 I wouldnít expect them to.

Youíre right though, itís marketed to gamers. These sets will be plugged into Soundblasters and onboard sound not $10,000 audiophile home theater systems.

Anyways I havenít heard them myself, be curious as to which model/s of the HD series you compared the 160ís to?

nVidi0t
07-02-05, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I should have elaborated a little more. I have tried the 160's and they sound very tinny when compared to any of the HD models from 400 upwards (the only models I have tried), which dont cost much at all. The first pair on phones from Sennheiser I bought were a pair of Open air HD 495's which have been discountinued but still sound superior to the 160's. I have since bought a paid of HD 600's which blow the 495's out of the water, let alone the PC 160's. For the price the 160 set isn't bad though, and the design is excellent for games. I just mentioned it in case sound quality is an issue for you. I know that I wouldn't be happy playing games with the 160's.

jAkUp
07-03-05, 12:42 AM
Damn :( Well, I will give them a shot. They should be here on the 5th. As long as they are better than my Zalman's.

I actually usually use my Logitech Z-560's for gaming, but I wanted something decent for late night gaming and lan party's.

ew2x4
07-03-05, 02:16 AM
I'm waiting for the HP-201's to come in stock. I just want something comfortable, with decent quality, for a good price.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/601-3934096-0333736?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007XJSQC

1337_Like_ThaT
07-03-05, 04:28 PM
but I wanted something decent for late night gaming and lan party's.

...along for something decent for late night pr0n watching huh jakUp!? the Zemanova DVD sure has some good soundtracks on it :p

jolle
10-01-05, 06:14 PM
Damn :( Well, I will give them a shot. They should be here on the 5th. As long as they are better than my Zalman's.

I actually usually use my Logitech Z-560's for gaming, but I wanted something decent for late night gaming and lan party's.

Great, I really want to know how they compare to the Zalmans.
I got a pair of Zalmans right now, but with the CMSS3d on the X-Fi it feels like I could go for a pair of higher quality..
But Im curious how big the difference is between the PC160 and Zalman 5.1..

sound quality, comfort etc..

EDIT
btw whats the difference between the 160 and 160 SK edition? other then the funky price?
anyone tried Plantroncis Gamecom1?
Anyone with PC150 that tried PC160, and is the difference worth the money?

EDIT
SK edition sounds pretty lame.. why would anyone want to pay extra for that?
3 months SK Insider package at a normal value of €20
SK-Gaming logo on the headband of the headset
Ear caps in SK-Gaming blue color
SK-Gaming packaging design

jAkUp
10-01-05, 07:14 PM
Haha I don't even have those headphones anymore.

They were very good. I also have the Zalman Surround sound 5.1's.

Currently I have the HD555's which are better than the both of them combined :D I definetely recommend this set!

jolle
10-01-05, 07:32 PM
hehe so the thread is THAT old huh..
well while we are at it, would you say PC160 is alot better then the Zalmans?
Arent the HD555 a bit pricy?
EDIT
apparantly not that much more expensive.. no mic tho..
really THAT much better huh?

EDIT (alot of that going on today)
Also.. X-Fi, CMSS3D, Zalman 5.1 HD555 PC160.. best surround?
I acctually thought that CMSS3D (HP) sounded better then 5.1 on my Zalmans.. But im not totally decided yet..
And are you running those HD555 amped or not?

jAkUp
10-01-05, 07:52 PM
No, I am not using them amped... I know that many recommend it. I don't have any issues running them straight off the PC.

Yes, they do sound noticably better than my PC160's. I still think my Z-560's sound better due to the Sub, but they are not very far off. In some instances they sound better :)

jolle
10-01-05, 08:06 PM
Im having hell here trying to decide..
not alot of big roundups, and you get alot people claiming different thigns to be the best (personal preferences I guess)..
I was really looking for a headset, Im on ventrilo daily and stuff... but then again..

jAkUp
10-01-05, 08:15 PM
ah....

well the PC160's are the best headset you can buy. For all around gaming and stuff.

Zalman makes a clip on mic, so you can really get any headphones and a clip on mic :)

JeRi
11-08-05, 12:09 AM
hey jakup (or anyone else that has em), how do you think the hd515's would compare to the pc160's?

i've been thinkin about getting a decent pair of headphones for late night gaming and music, but i don't really need the mic that the 160's have. those hd555's are just a little too pricey for me, so the 515's are a more in my price range. would the sound quality be better for the 515's, or the 160's? or are there anything else around 60-70 bucks that have good quality, but without a mic (i also just use the onboard sound from my asus a8n sli deluxe, no soundcard). thanks

nVidi0t
11-08-05, 12:18 AM
The 515's for sure.