PDA

View Full Version : OMG more PGR3 SHOTS!

Zelda_fan
06-28-05, 03:22 PM
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=920306

all I can say.... is wow. This time they released the wireframe's of the screens to prove they aren't prerendered.

six_storm
06-28-05, 03:27 PM
Yeah, just saw those shots and they look pretty sweet. Can't wait!!!

Ruined
06-28-05, 04:23 PM
xbox360 ftw :)

sytaylor
06-29-05, 04:14 AM
Anyone ever see the pre-release shots of the Getaway for the PS2?...

Worth bearing in mind.

|MaguS|
06-29-05, 05:54 AM
But the Getaway did look really good, just had horrible gameplay and mechanics. PGR3 looks good, but im waiting to try out the gameplay, I wasn't a fan of the first two.

sytaylor
06-29-05, 07:13 AM
Its based on metropolis street racer, and i LOVED that game.

|MaguS|
06-29-05, 07:33 AM
I hated it, The cars felt too heavy but suprisingly I still own it for my Dreamcast.

six_storm
06-29-05, 11:08 AM
PGR is too easy of a game and there is no customization. I rented PGR2 and almost beat it within a few seatings lol.

Seph gPu
06-29-05, 11:44 AM
those shots have pre-rendered written all over them.

stncttr908
06-29-05, 11:45 AM
PGR3 will be good for a nice arcade romp, but I'd really love Forza Motorsport 2. :drooling:

DaveW
06-29-05, 12:09 PM
You can tell its pre-rendered because it has depth of field. Depth of field is impractical for real-time graphics during play because there is no way for the game to know which part of the screen the player is actually focusing on.

Bad_Boy
06-29-05, 01:53 PM
I say its rendered, but with some slight modifications maybe from a outside source for DOF, like DaveW said. DOF probably could be emulated/faked to play in realtime but who knows. I think a game before had DOF but i cant put my finger on the title. Besides the stairs you can tell that the building is pretty low poly from the mesh shot. nice textures, a little blurry, but better than we have been seeing in console games lately.

anyways, whats up with the sky? its completely white, yet the windows are blue? i dont think those windows are real reflections, some of the windows dont even reflect the stairs infront of them.

if we had a movie of the realtime, these guesses and speculation would be solved :P

killahsin
06-29-05, 03:08 PM
Dave while i agree with you the funny thing is alot of next gen games are going to have DoF lol. so not sure that can be ruled as a reasoning behind why its a render. (zelda wind waker etc had dof)

Edge
07-02-05, 07:57 PM
Here's a few more new shots, including a partial-wireframe view of the car interiors. The Babblefished version of the site is here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http://www.jeux-france.com/news10995.html&lp=fr_en&tt=url

Also, I don't see why having depth of field means it's prerendered. I've seen quite a few games that have used the effect during gameplay, Dark Cloud 1&2 and Star Fox Adventures come to mind (not sure about SFA though, I might be thinking of Zelda: Wind Waker). It's not that hard of an effect to pull off anyway, hell even Outcast used DoF, and that game used a software renderer.

You can tell its pre-rendered because it has depth of field. Depth of field is impractical for real-time graphics during play because there is no way for the game to know which part of the screen the player is actually focusing on.

I'm with Dave here. Seriously, that's just too good. I really don't think that the developers who made that pic are telling the truth when they say that it is "in-game" footage. They must be lying. Just who do they think they are? Some developers that make games, or something?

Just because the guy who is making the game says "That is 100% an in-game shot. This is PGR3, and this is the bar we're setting." means nothing.

BizarreOnline. What have they ever done before that was ever good? Well, sure, you got PGR and PGR2 but PGR3? No one could do a third PGR, it's just too hard!!! :eek:

PGR3 creator Bizarre Online's Forums (http://www.bizarreonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7078&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)