PDA

View Full Version : @nvidia 7800 Gtx Agp Petition!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

agent
06-29-05, 10:42 AM
:rolleyes:

huhu

I dont have money free to jump on sli, because then i must buy everything new..

So here is my first vote for a AGP version, plz make it possible.... ;)

Thx you :)

Bye

agent

Nv40
06-29-05, 11:12 AM
Me too :)

dogbait
06-29-05, 11:17 AM
Before we end up with a list of 'me toos' :D

I've set up a petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/7800AGP/petition.html) that everyone can sign.

Here's hoping we get an AGP variant of this card! :)

Uken
06-29-05, 11:32 AM
i'm In :)

hazindu
06-29-05, 03:00 PM
Before we end up with a list of 'me toos' :D

I've set up a petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/7800AGP/petition.html) that everyone can sign.

Here's hoping we get an AGP variant of this card! :)
not to sure I can bring myself to sign something with this line: "We humbly request such a board be produced and declare that we will be first in line to play our games the way they are 'meant to be played'"

ah why the hell not, you got my support.

XP_GUN
06-29-05, 03:46 PM
Im in too :)

Nutty
06-29-05, 03:47 PM
Me to.. My mate has a workstation PC, and wants a 7800 to play Battlefield, but bollox is he upgrading everything just for PCIe

avirox
06-29-05, 04:47 PM
signed.

Now if it works with nforce3 I may get one in the future :D

StoNer
06-29-05, 04:51 PM
AGP w00t

/signed

Pandora's Box
06-29-05, 05:24 PM
lol only 21 signatures.

Kamel
06-29-05, 06:06 PM
lmao guys, we're going to get an agp version, i promise you. nvidia isn't dumb, they know there's money to be had in agp yet ;).

anyway, if we work together, i am sure we could circulate links, lol. i've circulated links before and was able to get 20K hits per day doing it lol. it's not hard ;).

$n][pErMan
06-29-05, 06:12 PM
signed! (and I dont even plan on getting it anyway.. lol)

Skinner-BH71
06-29-05, 07:22 PM
Me too.

AGP drivers rules a lot!! :afro:

dogbait
06-29-05, 08:33 PM
not to sure I can bring myself to sign something with this line: "We humbly request such a board be produced and declare that we will be first in line to play our games the way they are 'meant to be played'"

ah why the hell not, you got my support.

Good on you hazindu! With any luck ricercar and the other naysayers shall be eating crow pie :p

AthlonXP1800
06-29-05, 10:19 PM
What the point of AGP petition?, in a year time when Longhorn launch, it will support PCI Express graphics cards only and it wont work with AGP cards. Microsoft will remove legacy ports as well as PCI and AGP slots in Longhorn's final build.

Spyke
06-29-05, 11:01 PM
What the point of AGP petition?, in a year time when Longhorn launch, it will support PCI Express graphics cards only and it wont work with AGP cards. Microsoft will remove legacy ports as well as PCI and AGP slots in Longhorn's final build.

Haha, I seriously doubt that, so many things even on PCI-E mobos still communicate by the PCI bus.

Hey, they going to remove IDE ports too? Floppies? Yeah... right! :afro2:

anzak
06-29-05, 11:08 PM

ROFL! Got a source to back that up? :rolleyes:

AthlonXP1800
06-30-05, 01:13 AM
ROFL! Got a source to back that up? :rolleyes:

Sorry I seem cant find WGF 1.0 whitepaper, it was over a year old when it was in beta. It too early to get information on Longhorn's hardware requirements now, Longhorn first beta release not yet gone to beta testers. Microsoft will finalised hardware requirements early next year and launch Longhorn Ready PC program.

StoNer
06-30-05, 01:31 AM

Why would they do something like making an OS not support agp, I mean its not that fkin hard to just leave it in. It doesnt make sense unless M$ has some evil plan to help the hardware companies phase out agp for good.

Even if that does happen ill just stick to XP and billy gates can take his longhorn elsewhere

7800GTX AGP

Does it make sense? No

Should we get one anyway? Yes

:p

anzak
06-30-05, 01:39 AM
Sorry I seem cant find WGF 1.0 whitepaper, it was over a year old when it was in beta. It too early to get information on Longhorn's hardware requirements now, Longhorn first beta release not yet gone to beta testers. Microsoft will finalised hardware requirements early next year and launch Longhorn Ready PC program.

From what I've read WGF1.0 is just a renaming of DX9c. The beta should have already been out, but I just checked and 5048 alpha is the latest. Microsoft will not drop AGP and PCI support with longhorn. There is lower gui teirs that support the old AGP cards, why would they even have these if there wasn't support for AGP? Every PCIe motherboard has regular PCI slots on it and will for a long time, will these mobos not be supported by longhorn?

bkswaney
06-30-05, 01:47 AM
I just signed it. :)

Only 39 signed. It's not looking good so far.

I think nvidia might be playing there cards right
on this one though.
U can get a 6800UEE for AGP. It's a beast of a card.
It might play out better to leave it at that on AGP
as for as there money goes.

I for one want a PCI-E board so I'm in for a whole
load of new parts. ;)

After I saw this http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=2380&s=1 it really
made me want one. :rofl:
11k with only 1 7800 is just amazing. :afro2:

I'm going to water cool mine. :D :D :D :dance:

jAkUp
06-30-05, 01:48 AM
You need to get this posted at more sites if you want a massive signing :) www.warp2search.net is a good place to start ;)

bkswaney
06-30-05, 01:55 AM
You need to get this posted at more sites if you want a massive signing :) www.warp2search.net is a good place to start ;)

For sure. :thumbsup:
I check it at least 2 times a day.

AthlonXP1800
06-30-05, 06:55 AM
From what I've read WGF1.0 is just a renaming of DX9c. The beta should have already been out, but I just checked and 5048 alpha is the latest. Microsoft will not drop AGP and PCI support with longhorn. There is lower gui teirs that support the old AGP cards, why would they even have these if there wasn't support for AGP? Every PCIe motherboard has regular PCI slots on it and will for a long time, will these mobos not be supported by longhorn?

No WGF 1.0 is not just a renaming of DirectX 9.0c but it do included all DirectX 9.0c features plus all the optional new features designed for WGF 1.0 such as:

HalfBorder Texture addressing mode support.
Depth Stencil readback through the UpdateSurface API.
New system memory lockable Depth/Stencil formats.
Hardware text acceleration and monochrome texture surfaces.
Greater than 8- bpc scanout.
Floating point Gamma correction in hardware

All above is not a complete list of all features identified in WGF 1.0 Specification.

I found Revision Draft 0.51 of Windows Longhorn Logo Program System and Device Requirements Version 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/hwrequirements.mspx), here are not much mention of external AGP support. Longhorn will support discrete GPUs either AGP or PCI Express for Mobile laptop PCs. It seem here will be no AGP support for desktop PCs of Longhorn so it will continue support PCI, PCI Express, PCI-X, USB, SATA and IDE.

ChrisRay
06-30-05, 06:56 AM
WGF 1.0 is an extension of DX 9.0C. But compliancy will like be achievable by standard DX 9.0C graphic cards. It's not a huge adjustment.