PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 launch day preorders begin to sell out across country

Ruined
06-29-05, 12:53 PM
According to this thread (http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56683) at the popular gaming forum "Cheap Ass Gamer," EB, GameCrazy, GameStop, and other retail chain consumers are starting to be turned down for "launch day" preorders of XBOX360, and being added to a "Week 2" list.

So, bottom line, if you want an XBOX360 (http://www.xbox360.com) at launch, now would be the time to go to your local EB/GameStop and preorder!

System will go for $300 and will launch with 25-40 titles over the holiday season. System also includes free XBOX Live online multiplayer gaming on weekends.

Bad_Boy
06-29-05, 01:18 PM
wow, same post on like every forum. you sure you don't work for MS? ;)

anyways, i dont think i'll stress it. ill probably grab a 360, if they are out of stock then so be it, ill pick one up a week or so lata. ive said before im want the ps3 more, and that still stands.

Ruined
06-29-05, 01:20 PM
wow, same post on like every forum. you sure you don't work for MS? ;)

anyways, i dont think i'll stress it. ill probably grab a 360, if they are out of stock then so be it, ill pick one up a week or so lata. ive said before im want the ps3 more, and that still stands.

No I don't work for MS, the 6800 launch simply honed my simultaneous cross-forum posting skills ;)

Mr. Hunt
06-29-05, 01:29 PM
Debating if I should preorder one or not... I want one... but have money to spend elsewhere (3 birthdays and an anniversary next month :\).

oldsk00l
06-29-05, 02:06 PM
I still think it has the gayest name of any console to date.

Ninjaman09
06-29-05, 02:08 PM
I still think it has the gayest name of any console to date.
Hear, hear.

killahsin
06-29-05, 02:10 PM
i thought gamecube was a cheesy name, and hoped they would have stuck with the flipper codename for the graphics lol. Which was also cheesy so eh.

LiquidX
06-29-05, 02:22 PM
I am going to try and snag it online to save myself an headache and wait in line. I remember when I stood in line to get my DC with about 200 people word kept coming back of someone getting ripped off to the point they had security all over the mall entrance and parking lot making sure people was able to escape with one. EB replaced the ones that were stolen but thats still to much effort for my blood. I dont want have to strangle some punk who gets a bright idea so I will be refreshing untill I get one.:cool:

Mr. Hunt
06-29-05, 02:24 PM
Is Gears of War launching with the 360? Might preorder both (if Gears is launching with it) next week or something.

killahsin
06-29-05, 03:25 PM
Is Gears of War launching with the 360? Might preorder both (if Gears is launching with it) next week or something.

no its not a launch title =/

Mr. Hunt
06-29-05, 04:39 PM
no its not a launch title =/

POOOOOOOOOOOOO... I don't think there are any launch titles for me then :(.

six_storm
06-29-05, 04:54 PM
I've already preordered mine. Turns out that I got the 3rd last system of the first shipment at my EB Game store. Suckers. BTW, in my computer at work (Blockbuster), we are going to put out XBOX360 games for rent starting Friday, November 18th so the system will have to have launched before that date!

GamerGuyX
06-29-05, 05:07 PM
BTW, in my computer at work (Blockbuster), we are going to put out XBOX360 games for rent starting Friday, November 18th so the system will have to have launched before that date!

Not necessarily. Look at the DS and Gamecube for example. Many of its launch titles were on store shelves before the system was even launched.

LINK (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/driving/asphalturbangt/news_6113483.html)

However, while some stores are selling games for the portable, the DS itself still won't be in gamers' hands until Sunday, November 21.

Vagrant Zero
06-29-05, 05:29 PM
No I don't work for MS, the 6800 launch simply honed my simultaneous cross-forum posting skills ;)

This might be the first time in the history of evar that you've gotten me to laugh.

Don't do it again. :D