PDA

View Full Version : No signal on primary DVI output of 6800 GT...?

TimS
06-29-05, 05:27 PM
So I've read most of the massively long thread about a member's problems with his Sharp 37 GD series LCD, and I'm having a similar problem, but I don't think it's the same thing.

I can get my 37GD LCD to work just fine when it's plugged into the second output on the card. However, I cannot get any picture to show up on the primary input of the card! I have what I think is a DVI-I cable (flat bar without four pins... right?) and whether I use my LCD TV or an LCD flat-panel, I get nothing on the primary output. I do, however, get signal using a DVI->VGA adapter on the primary output, or by using the DVI cable on the secondary output.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I have TWO 6800's in my machine and want to be able to run SLI. SLI requires that you have only one display and have it running on the primary output... so basically I can only play games through SLI if I use the DVI->VGA adapter.

Any tips? This problem is driving me nutso!

-tim

uncoolfish
07-13-05, 10:27 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with a BFG 6800 GT OC PCI-Express on a Dell 2005FPW monitor. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

TimS
07-13-05, 10:33 PM
If so, I'd love to hear it. I've given up on running this machine on my TV and am using my primary LCD with a DVI->VGA adapter.