PDA

View Full Version : AMD Athlon 64 FX57 in stock at Newegg

Pages : [1] 2

Odral
06-29-05, 06:22 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103558

For those that want it. Ouch on the price! also seems they increased the dollar amount on the x2 as well. Damn to mark it up $300 over retail price that's crazy. Iam starting to dislike Newegg :(

Bad_Boy
06-29-05, 06:23 PM
arm and a leg anyone?

GlowStick
06-29-05, 06:25 PM
:dance:

Looks great, id love to have it!

However, for that price I think i would buy a 4800+ and try my luck wiht ocing to 2.8ghz first :D

|JuiceZ|
06-29-05, 06:27 PM
Almost $1400 for a desktop proc, somone needs to put down the bong?! :wtf:

Rakeesh
06-29-05, 06:28 PM
It's the fastest gaming processor in existence. People actually pay that kind of money for that kind of thing, although its nuts if you ask me.

Riptide
06-29-05, 06:30 PM
It's nuts when you consider how well the 4000+ performs compared to it - once you take into consideration the price difference. It's what, 20% faster at best and they want nearly 3x the price?

I agree w/Juice. I want some of what they're smoking.

CaptNKILL
06-29-05, 06:35 PM
It's nuts when you consider how well the 4000+ performs compared to it - once you take into consideration the price difference. It's what, 20% faster at best and they want nearly 3x the price?

I agree w/Juice. I want some of what they're smoking.
Its really really nuts when you consider that a 3000+ can be overclocked to beat an FX53 (4000+) for about $150 :D

EDIT: Of course you do get more heat... but still, the point remains ;)

Riptide
06-29-05, 06:40 PM
My 3000+ wouldn't even do over 2.2 stable. But yeah, when that works out then it makes this "deal" look even worse.

CaptNKILL
06-29-05, 06:45 PM
My 3000+ wouldn't even do over 2.2 stable. But yeah, when that works out then it makes this "deal" look even worse.
I should have said Venice core... they seem to do extremely well most of the time.

Riptide
06-29-05, 08:36 PM
I should have said Venice core... they seem to do extremely well most of the time.
That's what was said about the winchester, of which I had two. Both of them were not good overclockers.

|JuiceZ|
06-30-05, 12:02 AM
That's what was said about the winchester, of which I had two. Both of them were not good overclockers.

But then again, gauging from some of your recent threads, I would say your luck with hardware lately hasn't been all that great either so that should be expected :p

Hope your rig is running better now though my friend :)

jAkUp
06-30-05, 12:26 AM
Holy crap thats expensive... but I want :D :D :D

Rakeesh
06-30-05, 12:41 AM
Its really really nuts when you consider that a 3000+ can be overclocked to beat an FX53 (4000+) for about $150 :D

But then the question becomes: how much further can that newer processor overclock? :D

jAkUp
06-30-05, 12:47 AM
And an unlocked multi... :drooling:

Riptide
06-30-05, 08:40 AM
But then again, gauging from some of your recent threads, I would say your luck with hardware lately hasn't been all that great either so that should be expected :p Yeah and it's pretty uncanny. I've had 3 chips and all of them were lackluster overclockers, including two winnies. And I know for a fact I wasn't doing anything wrong either. I had help from several people over two different forums and I know what I'm doing. But yet... I keep getting stuck with crap? Makes no sense, but that's what happens. Still overclocking is never a guarantee and noone in their right mind should believe that every 3000+ is going to hit 2.6 on air.

I could write a book about how much junk I've been sent. 2/3 kits of OCZ - bad right out of the box. And I'm anal about ESD so it has nothing to do with that. There have been other things that came up as well that I haven't bothered posting about yet. FYI, stay away from PC Power & Cooling's Silencer power supplies - I've had two bad ones there as well.
Hope your rig is running better now though my friend :)LOL, it has been running pretty good since I stopped bothering to try and overclock six months or so ago. But my Sapphire X850 came with a POS cooler - the fan makes chirping/squeaking noises nearly constantly and is driving me nuts. I have a Silencer 5 on the way that will hopefully take care of that. Ofcourse, I shouldn't even have to go there - but if there are any bad fans out there they will always be sent to me. :angel:

|JuiceZ|
06-30-05, 10:28 AM
....I have a Silencer 5 on the way that will hopefully take care of that. Ofcourse, I shouldn't even have to go there - but if there are any bad fans out there they will always be sent to me. :angel:

heheh, :D

Vishruth
06-30-05, 12:26 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103558

For those that want it. Ouch on the price! also seems they increased the dollar amount on the x2 as well. Damn to mark it up $300 over retail price that's crazy. Iam starting to dislike Newegg :(
And don't forget the taxes! If you try adding that processor to your cart, you'll probably see newegg charging you another $125 for that processor as taxes.

Newegg (at the moment) also has X2 4400+ cpus (retail) listed at $719 (plus around $50 tax charges)... that's about $150 more than MSRP!

Newegg stinks sometimes and looks more like Screwegg.

BTW, what the heck kind of a name is newegg anyway? :p

|JuiceZ|
06-30-05, 12:27 PM
BTW, what the heck kind of a name is newegg anyway? :p

Its better than their old name, "EggHead" :p

Riptide
06-30-05, 12:57 PM
Mwave has the FX57 for almost $300 less than "the egg". Newegg is my preferred vendor but I always check prices before buying because they don't always have the best deal. Just most of the time. ;)

GamerGuyX
06-30-05, 02:48 PM
And don't forget the taxes! If you try adding that processor to your cart, you'll probably see newegg charging you another $125 for that processor as taxes.

Actually no, I am never charged tax by Newegg or by any other online retailer for that matter.

Vishruth
07-01-05, 06:49 AM
Actually no, I am never charged tax by Newegg or by any other online retailer for that matter.

That's strange. Because when I add anything from newegg into the shopping cart, it shows these extra tax charges.

(I had to give newegg a US address to register. I used a fake street address, but gave a Californian zip code that I fished out of google.)

Ninjaman09
07-01-05, 08:39 AM
That is because sales tax is charged on any Internet transaction if the buyer and seller reside in the same state. If you had used Oregon, or Nevada, or any other state besides California, you would not be charged sales tax.

saturnotaku
07-01-05, 08:59 AM
Newegg also stinks because they have separate shipping charges for each item you order. If you order a case, RAM and hard drive, you are charged a shipping fee on each individual item. Before going to my Mac, I started to exclusively use ZipZoomFly. They don't quite have the selection of Newegg, but most of their items have free 2nd Day Air.

Zelda_fan
07-01-05, 09:01 AM
That's strange. Because when I add anything from newegg into the shopping cart, it shows these extra tax charges.

(I had to give newegg a US address to register. I used a fake street address, but gave a Californian zip code that I fished out of google.)

yeah man that sucks lol. If you had chosen any other state you would have saved a ton of money.

GlowStick
07-01-05, 01:23 PM
Newegg also stinks because they have separate shipping charges for each item you order. If you order a case, RAM and hard drive, you are charged a shipping fee on each individual item. Before going to my Mac, I started to exclusively use ZipZoomFly. They don't quite have the selection of Newegg, but most of their items have free 2nd Day Air.
Same here, better free shipping, and they get my stuff out 'on time'. Also they are allwyas a few pennies cheepr heh.