PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about sli?

reyalP
06-29-05, 08:15 PM
I picked up my second 7800gtx today and finished putting together my first sli system. So far everything is working and I'm having no problems with games on my dell 2405. I do have a few questions about the drivers though. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm new to this type of setup.

1.When going into advance menu is the moniotor suppossed to go black for a second?

2.I enabled multi gpu to get the ball rolling. I did however notice that in Performance and Quality settings in the advance settings there is an option for SLI Rendering mode. What is the purpose in this option if enabled it in the checkbox uner multi gpu? I ran tests with it in single and multiple rendering and there was no difference in fps.

3.I had the coolbits reg hack installed before I installed the second card and know its gone. Is coolbits disabled in sli?

4.Is v-sync suppossed to work? I set it up to work in css but i get alot of tearing which tells me its not working.

5.This question is for anyone with an Asus a8n-sli premium board. I noticed in the bios there was a setting for "Sli Broadcast Aperture" to enable or disable. Does anyone know what this option enables or disables? There is nothing in the book about its function.

thanks

jAkUp
06-29-05, 10:40 PM
For coolbits, just reinstall it again, here is the OC tab:
http://jakup.datamachine.net/Overclocking%20Tab.reg

shabby
06-29-05, 10:45 PM
Here's a more advanced version of coolbits, it add's a load more options in the geforce tab.