PDA

View Full Version : EQ2: Splitpaw Adv Pak

Ghosthunter
06-30-05, 07:13 AM
I dont know how many eq2 players left here....but this was just added, and got to tell you I love it.

If you havent tried it yet check it out....

BTW the issue with nvidia cards and drivers have been fixed with latest release...I never even knew I had an issue until I downloaded them saw no difference but then I put on AA and AF...and acutally increased my performance and EQ2 looks much better and runs really smooth and great.

ChrisRay
06-30-05, 07:19 AM
Thats good to hear. Its really tempting to return to EQ 2 from WoW. But honestly.. I dont think I'll be any happier in EQ 2 than I am WoW. Its just a grass is greener syndrome. Neither game have sufficient end game content to really excite me right now.

Zelda_fan
06-30-05, 07:24 AM
battlegrounds are a lot of fun though

ChrisRay
06-30-05, 07:25 AM
Meh battlegrounds are meh to me. PVP is my least favorite aspect of WOW and I dont even bother with battlegrounds. I wish they'd focus there time balancing towards PVE rather than the the futile effort of PVP balancing. Game would be so much better that way. Heh

Zelda_fan
06-30-05, 07:37 AM
There is some new PvE end game stuff on the horizon from what I hear. I don't think anything massive, but still something. Blackwing Lair of course, but tbh only a small portion of WoW's population is going to be able to participate in that due to the difficulty in a 40 person raid encounter. However, in the patch after next, they are going to be introducting to new dungeons. Another 40 person raid dungeon Ahn’Qiraj, and an interesting new dungeon called Zul’Gurub which is balanced for 20 people. Yeah, I know, I want more, just like you, but it seems to be getting better. I have been fortunate to get into a good guild that is capeable of 40 person raid dungeons, so I'm able to enjoy the end game a little more than the next person. I will say, that after having gotten a taste of MC, I have no desire to do UBRS, Scholo, Strath, or DM again.

|MaguS|
06-30-05, 08:01 AM
They both are boring... but for some reason Im still subscribed to WoW even thought I haven't even played it in a month... hell haven't even reinstalled it after format. :o

EQLive Old School is still the best!

NrthnStar5
06-30-05, 10:43 AM
I dont know how many eq2 players left here....but this was just added, and got to tell you I love it.

I've heard it's really fun. I just need to get my character to level 20, i'm just about to 19. It's taking so long :(

|MaguS|
06-30-05, 10:43 AM
Sell ya my 25 SK and 20 Shaman! :D Lets go to the Exchange!

Ghosthunter
06-30-05, 12:13 PM
Thats good to hear. Its really tempting to return to EQ 2 from WoW. But honestly.. I dont think I'll be any happier in EQ 2 than I am WoW. Its just a grass is greener syndrome. Neither game have sufficient end game content to really excite me right now.

I try not rush to endgame...truth is I dont have time to play MMORPG like I did when I was playing UO and EQ1..and raiding into the wee hours of night trying to to do ToV and Xegony.

I play maybe 5 nights a week for about 2 hours a night..more on weekends..compared to EQ1...that is nothing. But the time I do get to play I feel I enjoy because i can accomplish many things whether it be tradeskills, or quests, or alts going through new content that was added to the lower level zones I missed first time.

I have not even raided in EQ2 yet..my guild has...but I have no desire, not right now anyway. EQ1 burnt me out from raiding and playing a cleric ever again..LOL

Right now I am in a tight family casual guild in EQ2 and I really enjoy it a lot more then the hardcore guilds raid everyday at 7 pm est and people always out for themseleves back in EQ1 days.

killahsin
06-30-05, 02:37 PM
I like the whole instances scaling with the players level thing. Really keeps it so you get your moneys worth out of it.

NrthnStar5
06-30-05, 03:06 PM
Sell ya my 25 SK and 20 Shaman! Lets go to the Exchange!

LOL, That's ok. I don't think i need to spend money for a virtual person. But thanks anyway! :afro2:

nrdstrm
07-01-05, 07:25 PM
The people in my guild that have tried splitpaw have really liked it. I might try it out but I'm pretty busy right now. A few of us split from our guild and created a "friends only" type guild and we all re-rolled. I'm having a blast leveling/writing/heritageing with my 21 Pally. On top of that, we took our mains into a raid guild (I have a 49 Zerker). But that was a bit OT...lol...I'll likely do the splitpaw crawl this weekend.

Sgt_Pitt
07-01-05, 08:18 PM
BTW the issue with nvidia cards and drivers have been fixed with latest release...I never even knew I had an issue until I downloaded them saw no difference but then I put on AA and AF...and acutally increased my performance and EQ2 looks much better and runs really smooth and great.

still runs like ****e for me, and just upgraded to 2 gig

Ghosthunter
07-02-05, 09:23 AM

I dont know..why...i know many people who were having problems before and they all say it runs night and day.

If I dont turn on AA and AF it actually runs worst I dont understand that??

With FRAPS I get an average of 45-50 FPS in EL, Antonica, TS, in the city about 30 FPS..and in a fight goes down to about 35-40 FPS

One setting I turned down was particles...while you cant turn them off I tweaked them a bit, for two reasons, one they get annyoing after a while..but I found with those on high really made my hard drive thrash more.

I have it down very low but particles still look good.

I also noticed before this driver set in EQ2 my temp never went up on my 6800 GT...but was like at 62 degrees..now you can see it working and is at 83 degrees which what i normally for any game like doom3.

Sgt_Pitt
07-07-05, 09:07 AM
yeah i just got splitpaw, love it

i also recommend installing .net beta v2.0 smoothed things out a bit, i havent tried AA and AF yet i will soon as server comes back up

Ghosthunter
07-07-05, 11:20 AM
yeah i just got splitpaw, love it

i also recommend installing .net beta v2.0 smoothed things out a bit, i havent tried AA and AF yet i will soon as server comes back up

interesting...what does .net do in regards to EQ2? i really dont know much about it. and where can I get the beta?

thx

nrdstrm
07-07-05, 03:36 PM
interesting...what does .net do in regards to EQ2? i really dont know much about it. and where can I get the beta?

thx
I was wondering the same thing! Please explain the .net thing.

Oh, and I got splitpaw and it rocks...good loot. Also as said before, the zones scale to your groups level (except for the 50 raid zone) wich is awesome. I'm really happy with it. I've been frequenting it with both my 49 zerker and my 24 pally!

Corbijn

Ghosthunter
07-07-05, 09:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing! Please explain the .net thing.

Oh, and I got splitpaw and it rocks...good loot. Also as said before, the zones scale to your groups level (except for the 50 raid zone) wich is awesome. I'm really happy with it. I've been frequenting it with both my 49 zerker and my 24 pally!

Corbijn

have you been able to beat the pit champ in solo arena with either of your char?

I been tyring..and always get him down to 20% but lowest I cna get

ChrisRay
07-07-05, 10:07 PM
The Pitt Champ is like impossible. But I heard some warlocks can take him. I get him to about 20% before my defiler runs out of power.

Sgt_Pitt
07-08-05, 01:31 AM
i have no idea what it does exactly, i assume it would make online gaming more efficient, by creating better base netcode for online communication

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7ABD8C8F-287E-4C7E-9A4A-A4ECFF40FC8E&displaylang=en

Ghosthunter
07-08-05, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the link I am going to try it out.

Sgt_Pitt
07-13-05, 02:17 PM
The Pitt Champ is like impossible. But I heard some warlocks can take him. I get him to about 20% before my defiler runs out of power.

hehe nah i took him down easy lvl 50 sk here, first time he just beat me, second time i whooped him and i still had 50% health left, wards are the key with this guy, slowly damage him whilst protecting yourself

MOTĂ–RHEAD
07-16-05, 12:13 PM

I have to agree. Just signed on again to see if they had fixed the 6800GT stutter issue and no luck.