PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! UT2004 freezing very weirdly...

ajm786
07-01-05, 09:24 AM
I'm having a UT2004 freezing problem. I was wondering if you could help me out with this, as I am stumped.

Basically, I run a LAN dedicated server on my computer, with a few bots, then join my own server on the same computer, and have a few matches. Just for testing that is.

Recently, what happens is that UT2004 will hard freeze in the midst of a match, and randomly. The sound will still be going, but no input works, and the screen is completely frozen. After 20 seconds, the screen unfreezes, but all players/bots are aimlessly "running" nowhere.

When I check the Unreal server console, it shows my connection as DISCONNECTED, then 20 seconds later it reconnects.

It does not freeze in a single player match.

I've tried chaging my video drivers, my sound drivers, I've tried underclocking from my current OC, I've tried applying more voltage to the OC, I've run Prime 95 + RTHBIRL simultaneously on the system for about 6 hours, and so far no crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled UT2004, and made sure to delete the root folder, as well as any user.ini or ut2004.ini files. So it's not my hardware.

What could be the problem? Please help, as I've got a LAN match coming up tonight and I'd like to get this fixed. Thanks.