07-04-05, 10:21 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59893

I was hoping for the doom 3 engine....

killahsin
07-04-05, 10:23 AM
source with hdr and their new streaming tech will be nice for sin 2

karkrash81
07-04-05, 10:26 AM
yes...hdr would look real nice...hope the system requirements aren't insane though....

the episodic releases looks interesting...hopefully each episode will have enough content though...

killahsin
07-04-05, 10:32 AM
6 hourish high end original gaming, not rehash crapola publishers force down your throats but for 19.99 each will be nice in my opinion. heh i know full games that arent 10 hours and costed 49.99

jAkUp
07-04-05, 10:43 AM
Hmmm.. weird, I remember them talking about their own in house engine...

Superfly
07-04-05, 10:54 AM
I hope not - im never buying another Source game.

(pls god dont let it be true!!)

BioHazZarD
07-04-05, 10:57 AM
well source or not but i will never buy a game for a chapter each 3 months for 20 bucks no way.

Mr. Hunt
07-04-05, 11:03 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I wanted the SiN game... not StutteriNg.... POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

karkrash81
07-04-05, 11:50 AM
Too bad there's no screenshots...

I wonder if this is a sequel or a "reimagining"

msxyz
07-04-05, 12:11 PM

Oh, well even the first SiN had some pretty lame bugs. Guess the developers don't really care.

Ritual's SiN 2 is official. Not only that, but the sequel is boasting strong links with Valve Software. It's being built on a tweaked version of Valve's Source engine and according to word in PC Gamer magazine will be released in a number of episodes over Steam, each episode said to be six hours in length and being flogged at around $20 a pop.
SiN 2, Episode One, is expected this Winter, with subsequent episodes to be released over Steam every three to four months.20$ for six hrs of gameplay ? :wtf: I can buy a full-blown, boxed game for that price a month after it hit the shelves.

Acid Rain
07-04-05, 12:23 PM

(pls god dont let it be true!!)Yea. I'll be smiling if it flops, as I am never stuffing Valve's sloppy hackware down my poor machine's throat again, HDR or not.

GlowStick
07-04-05, 12:52 PM
Yeah i have to agree that price is pritty outrageous. I think i will be passing on that one.

ralinn
07-04-05, 01:34 PM
I've just been reading about it in PC gamer that showed up on my door this morning. It does look really pretty and yeah, the source engine really suits SiN :)

The pistol from the original that looked cool has kinda lost its sexyness though :/

There's quite a lot of screens of it too, I was really surprised...

Edge
07-04-05, 02:38 PM
Hmm, kinda disapointing actually, Source isn't exactly the most heavilly featured engine out there. Would be nice if they found a good use for the physics system, but otherwise I would've rather liked to see the game based on the Doom 3 engine (or maybe even UE3?). I hope they offer all the "episodes" as a complete package though, like actually being able to buy the full thing for $50 or so instead of paying $20 each for 3 or 4 mini-episodes. I'd prefer my game collection to not turn into the same type of thing as my DVD collection.

Anyone got a link to the screenshots?

SH64
07-04-05, 03:06 PM
Get ready for some serious stuttering then :)

NAZCA M12
07-04-05, 05:51 PM
Now why are you saying that? :D

Titan's Revenge
07-04-05, 09:45 PM
Good news.

jAkUp
07-05-05, 12:31 AM
Where are the screens??!! :( I wanna see!!!

anzak
07-05-05, 01:44 AM
I dunno if this is even worth posting.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12360&stc=1

I guess its not SiN 2, but rather SiN Episodes.

killahsin
07-06-05, 11:11 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59937

Elsewhere, the AI has been tweaked with some location damage enhancements, so that enemy AI will, for example, be able to fire back at Blade even if they've had their legs shot out from underneath them, while NPCs will help drag wounded back to their feet and so on. Enhanced object handling is also promised, with items pivoting from the players' hands rather than 'levitating' in front of them like in Half-Life 2. This is set to have gameplay implications, Ritual promises, with players able to grab objects and position them with precision and set up cover points

Interesting

But perhaps the most interesting implication of Ritual's decision to go for broke on the Episodic Gaming front is that fans themselves will be able to influence the progression of forthcoming episodes. Apparently players will occasionally be forced into making choices, and depending on how the community reacts as a whole, certain things will change in the next. For example, if you choose to save a key character their appearance may well be different in the next episode than if you had chosen to leave them to fend for themselves.

Ground breaking^

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=324&Itemid=2

Ritual becomes the first developer to sign on to distribute content through Valve's e-distribution system. At least two additional developers are expected to announce similar plans in the coming weeks.

anzak
07-06-05, 11:16 PM
I'm not gonna believe anything about the AI untill I play it my self. Remember the amazing AI in the Half Life 2 videos? :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for the update killahsin.

killahsin
07-06-05, 11:21 PM
Well anzak if you replay a few sections of hl2 u actually do find out its not as scripted as it seems. But the amazingness is not as air apparent as we would all love it to be lol.

GlowStick
07-06-05, 11:36 PM
After reading that, now it has my intrest. Id like to see some high res videos of actual gameplay to be released!

karkrash81
07-07-05, 12:19 PM
well...bluesnews has the announcement...and the sin2.com site is down for me...

jAkUp
07-07-05, 12:30 PM
Yea its been announced. I was hoping for screenshots, but not yet I guess.