PDA

View Full Version : RAM Upgrade

mx125race
07-04-05, 02:22 PM
well the other thread is on a different topic (what kind of RAM) and i want to know something else...

ok i have PC 3200 RAM or whatever, and i want to get an other 1g stick of RAM...i currently have 1gig of RAM, but im not sure who makes it > Both of that OCZ latinum DDR RAM from newegg bought by the first few posters(in that thread) is PC 3200(which i have) ... Since I'm not sure about wat RAM i currently have, can i still buy that OCZ Platinum gig?

wat im saying is can i have 2 different sticks of 1 gig? (They both 3200 and i think both are DDR)

:afro2: :eek:

PSYCHODAD
07-04-05, 03:46 PM
Should work in most cases I believe. Some one correct me if I'm mistaken.

Roliath
07-04-05, 04:07 PM
Yeah you should be fine. They'll both run at the slowest timings of the two though.

mx125race
07-04-05, 07:08 PM
Thanks!

even though the timings are slow, it will still help me out with gaming, especially the BF 2 loading and studdering, right?

SLippe
07-04-05, 09:51 PM
Yes, in most cases you can mix two different brands of memory, however, there is always that rare case where they don't like each other, but I bet you'll be fine. As for BF2 or anything else for that matter, you can never have too much memory, IMO. I plan to max my mobo out over the next few months...maybe...I plan on getting a whole new system at some point. Anyways, good luck.

mx125race
07-05-05, 04:18 PM
k thanks, they better like eachother :@ :D