PDA

View Full Version : Weird video playback problem... ?

Hambone
07-05-05, 01:39 PM
I recently installed the 77.72 Foreware drivers. I'm not 100% sure they are the problem but I assume so. I have a 6800GT (AGP) and have yet to have a problem with the card since they first came out.

The problem I'm having is that with any media type and any player type the video looks yellowish and the contrast is really jacked up to a blurry washed out level.

The only exception to this is that VOB files in WinDVD play normally.

Am I right to assume this is the new foreware drivers? The only reason I upgraded was because of BF2. Am I better off going back to the old ones?

Thanks!

OWA
07-05-05, 01:44 PM
Check the 77.72 thread or check the release notes for the 77.72 drivers. They both provide the fix for this issue.

NVIDIA Overlay gamma controls under Standard mode do not work
properly, resulting in overly dark or overly bright video.
To work around this issue:
1 From the NVIDIA control panel, click the Color Correction menu tree
item.
2 From the Color Correction page, click the Apply color changes to list
arrow and select All, then click Restore Defaults.
3 Click Apply.

ldspears
07-05-05, 03:31 PM
The Nvidia Forceware 77.72 drivers do have a video issue. Users have reported you can go into the "Color Correction" of the Forceware drivers and change to *ALL instead of *DESKTOP and it will correct about 98% of the video problem. I find there is still small red sparks on any video I play using Windows Media Player 10. I went back to older Forceware drivers that don't have this problem. Nvida needs to get there act together.

j0j081
07-06-05, 05:39 AM
omg how many newbs are gonna start a new thread about this?

Hambone
07-06-05, 08:43 PM
Hey thanks OWA & ldspears, that fixed me right up. I really appreciate the help. I haven't had any reason to look through this forum for a long so I didn't stumple over what I was looking for while browsing.

Actually j0j081, I wouldn't say I'm a noob. I'm more like a guy that bought a 6800GT well over six months ago and has never had a single problem with it of any kind (very nice - thanks Nvidia). And, you're an annoying "omg" troll how only has 400+ posts and calls other people noobs. I've never understood why someone can ask a question, get an answer (thread done) and then some looser will have to add a piece of sarcasm at the end. How old are you?

mad_man
07-07-05, 09:52 AM
I think it is perfectly legitimate for him to point out that you could have looked and asked in the sticky thread for these drivers.

j0j081
07-07-05, 10:13 AM
Hey thanks OWA & ldspears, that fixed me right up. I really appreciate the help. I haven't had any reason to look through this forum for a long so I didn't stumple over what I was looking for while browsing.

Actually j0j081, I wouldn't say I'm a noob. I'm more like a guy that bought a 6800GT well over six months ago and has never had a single problem with it of any kind (very nice - thanks Nvidia). And, you're an annoying "omg" troll how only has 400+ posts and calls other people noobs. I've never understood why someone can ask a question, get an answer (thread done) and then some looser will have to add a piece of sarcasm at the end. How old are you?
wow you are unbelievable! you are a total newb if you can't take two minutes to look around the forum where these latest drivers are obviously going to be the main topic and you are an even bigger newb for bitching at me when i am right.

PikachuMan
07-07-05, 01:35 PM
Guys, just read the release notes before you install drivers, or at least the "open issues" section.

radialheadfx
07-12-05, 08:22 PM
I knew one quick stop here, and I would find out away around my play back issues. Thanks :)

Topboy
07-17-05, 05:51 AM
wow you are unbelievable! you are a total newb if you can't take two minutes to look around the forum where these latest drivers are obviously going to be the main topic and you are an even bigger newb for bitching at me when i am right.

I too was having this problem and this post helped me fix the prob.

Sometimes people are to lazy to search for an issue me included, and if this problem has been asked about so so many times before and is a known bug, why dont the mods make either a bug thread or make this post a sticky to stop people posting multiple threads.

Calling people newbs is non constructive or helpfull.

Golden Boy
07-17-05, 06:52 AM
Well, if everybody would be too lazy or not willing to use the search function, and the numbers of those people are increasing ...

there would be 10000 threads of "weird video playback" or "corrupted video playback" or "help my video playback is f***** up" , which would not be very helpful too, as they would overfill the forum / other forums as well ...

And even if it is your first problem with a nvidia (or other) product, it mostly does not mean that youre the only one with the problem , and if you would have used the search function ... you would have seen that other people have the same problem too, and you didnt have to create another thread ...

I for myself try to stick to well known internet rules for solving problems :

1. think hard about how to solve problems for yourself
2. ask google
3. read / search forums
4. ask friends (over irc or whatever)
5. ask/discuss in forums

so in the first 3 points - you can easily find some helpful sollutions by yourself (95% problems are solved with that i would say) - and dont "bother" other people.
And the really BIG problems remain in the forums.

And if you find it for yourself, you feel kinda "yeah cool, I did it" :)
Not like "hm i wasnt able to solve this problem, although it would have been so easy to solve (if i just would have looked for myself first) :(

so i fully agree with j0j081

Just my 2 cents...

Darkfalz
07-17-05, 07:27 AM
A much more "elegant" fix is editing the values in the registry.

yooyo
07-22-05, 11:13 AM
Somebody should make sticky about this problem and how to fix it.

radical
07-22-05, 03:52 PM
do you have any pointers which reg entries to look for plz :)

macatak
07-22-05, 11:25 PM
Somebody should make sticky about this problem and how to fix it.
I'd agree with that, whenever nVidia have a new driver on the d/load page(not beta drivers) which has a bug(remember the 71.84 "temp" bug) a sticky might help reduce the numder of threads started. I don't know how many times i posted the "o/c the 2D" fix but it was a lot :D

radical
08-11-05, 03:14 PM
do you have the answer to my question on the reg entires needed to fix the video problems as mentioned in this thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53105) plz