PDA

View Full Version : NVidia DualView does not allow Primary/Secondary switching

shadowcode
07-05-05, 07:30 PM
Hey all,

I got a brand new laptop today, my previous one broke down.
It's a Aopen 1559AS one, with a Geforce 6600 GO! in it.

Now, on my old laptop (ATi m9) I used two have a multi-display configuration where my external monitor is the Primary display device, and the laptop's the Secondary display device.

However, for some reason I can't re-create that configuration on my new laptop.
The problem is is that I can't set the external device as the primary display adapter; as seen here. (http://www.daedalusdevelopment.net/stuff/nvidia.gif)

The option isn't available for DualView. It is however available for Horizontal Span, but that's not what I'm looking for. (And doesnt' really work out for me in terms of usability).

Any idea as to what might be causing it, and who to contact? NVidia doesn't offer 'tech support' and refers to the 'manufacturers' instead, however, this seems to be a software issue.

Thanks in advance,
SC

Jimi
07-06-05, 05:29 PM
Hey all,

I got a brand new laptop today, my previous one broke down.
It's a Aopen 1559AS one, with a Geforce 6600 GO! in it.

Now, on my old laptop (ATi m9) I used two have a multi-display configuration where my external monitor is the Primary display device, and the laptop's the Secondary display device.

However, for some reason I can't re-create that configuration on my new laptop.
The problem is is that I can't set the external device as the primary display adapter; as seen here. (http://www.daedalusdevelopment.net/stuff/nvidia.gif)

The option isn't available for DualView. It is however available for Horizontal Span, but that's not what I'm looking for. (And doesnt' really work out for me in terms of usability).

Any idea as to what might be causing it, and who to contact? NVidia doesn't offer 'tech support' and refers to the 'manufacturers' instead, however, this seems to be a software issue.

Thanks in advance,
SC

The problem with this setting is that NVIDIA doesn't necessarily control primary/secondard monitor assignment - MS Display Control Panel does. There is a way to do this through some manual steps and I do it a lot and can help you.

What drive rev do you have? This will help me guide you in the right direction with the control panels.

fivefeet8
07-07-05, 12:38 PM
Yep. You have to use the windows display settings to select primary or secondary. Not the advanced display settings.

shadowcode
07-07-05, 05:22 PM
Ah, thanks for the help guys.

The windows controls (assuming they're in the Settings tab of the Display Property, "Use this device as Primary Monitor"), are grayed out.

I'm currently using Forceware 71.50 (if that's what you mean by Driver ref). Ran 77.72 earlier, same thing. I'll upgrade again once I find a decent way of upgrading my drivers (I've got a Geforce 6600 GO! that isn't carried by the Guru3d package yet).