PDA

View Full Version : Nforce Sound problems.. need help!! please!

austincraig23
12-18-02, 07:41 AM
hi, i have an abit a7n-133r. just flashed to the newest bios for it.

geforce 4 4200 w/ the 41.09 drivers.

256 ddr ram,

windows xp pro.

nothing is overclocked and i have all the patches/ updates from microsoft.

i also have the newest nforce drivers installed 2.0 i belive they are called.

---------
ok.. the problem..
at first it was just lack of sound in certain games or sections of games.. or this cd or that cd.

now it is total sound failure.

i have tried 2 sets of different speakers.. so its not the speakers.

i took out the nforce soundcard and put in a diamond mx300 soundcard.. but for some reason i cant get it to work either.

this really sucks.

i really need some advice or help.
im exausted.. just got done w/ finals.

please help me.

thanks
austin

Smokey
12-18-02, 10:01 AM
What do you mean by taking out the nForce soundcard? I thought nForce had the sound chip on the motherboard itself? After flashing the bios, have you gone through and reset all the bios configurations? Also when trying to install a sound card on a motherboard with onboard sound, you need to go into the bios and disable onboard sound, before you can install a PCI sound card.

austincraig23
12-18-02, 04:27 PM
well.. it has some hardware on the motherboard.. but it has this sound card add in thingy thats hooks up to your speakers.. i removed it.

and i didsabled the intergrated sound in the bios.

still no sound.

saturnotaku
12-18-02, 04:31 PM
Are you sure you had your speakers hooked up properly? Next to the parallel port is where the onboard sound is. You're supposed to plug your speakers into that. Go back into your BIOS, re-enable the onboard sound and make sure your speakers are plugged into the ports next to the parallel port and not into the riser card.

pelly
12-18-02, 07:30 PM
I'd bet Saturn's on the mark...since both the on-board AND PCI sound cards are not working...Chances are, you're not hooking things up correctly....

What speakers are you using?

:confused:

Switch
12-18-02, 10:18 PM
Are you sure the outlet that your speakers are plugged into hasn't gone to the fritz? Try powering the speakers on a different outlet, see if that doesn't change things. I'm going with Saturn though; it's probably just something simple.

SavagePaladin
12-18-02, 10:46 PM
Guys, it is probably something simple. the 2.0 drivers dont like to install right for some reason.

If you go into the dev manager, and check for a non installed bit...well, if its there, change it to NV Audio Codec Interface.

Even NVs not perfect <g>

___
BTW, I have this specific board, I don't know if it affects other boards or not.

austincraig23
12-19-02, 06:08 AM
its working now..

figures i plugged the speakers in the riser and not the actual motherboard.

thanks a million..!

austin