PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Patch v1.01

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
07-06-05, 01:36 AM
The first patch for BF2 will be available tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th at approximately noon PST.

The new Linux server and Windows servers will also be available. The Client patch weighs in at just over 13 Megs. While the server files are complete re-installs. The server software is the major part of this release. Netcode is a big piece of this for the Ranked and UnRanked Servers.

Patch v1.01
Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.
Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.
Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.
Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host: after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.
Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB
Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.
Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't exist anymore.
Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.
LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.
WOLFGaming Network (http://wolfgaming.net/vB/showthread.php?t=18388)

Other "hidden" changes seem to include:

a fix to running yourself over with a vehicle on dismount
a fix for blowing yourself up with the last C4 pack (auto-detonate)
a fix (server side) for the number of players required to start a round -- you can't set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart anymore...

WOLFGaming Network (http://wolfgaming.net/vB/showpost.php?p=181538&postcount=29)

Mudcrutch
07-06-05, 01:51 AM
its a start..

BioHazZarD
07-06-05, 03:41 AM
not much fixes there :(

lapino
07-06-05, 03:52 AM
Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host: after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.
-> this could be a nice one, should eliminate all the annoying stuttering

DaveW
07-06-05, 08:28 AM
Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Oh thank God! I am so happy they spent time fixing that. That problem was affecting EVERYBODY. I'm glad they didn't waste time fixing those silly little problems with lagging out and crashing to desktop on map change.

Well, at least the server browser is fixed (maybe).

DaveW
07-06-05, 08:31 AM
its a start..

yes, its a crap start

CaptNKILL
07-06-05, 08:35 AM
Awesome! They fixed the LOD on some objects... hopefully that means that tanks wont disapear anymore.

Also, "Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers."... anyone else think this sounds like a memory leak was discovered? There are probably other things thatd cause performance to get worse over time (for servers) but with all the complaints about memory usage, maybe there really was a leak...

nVidi0t
07-06-05, 09:15 AM
Damn, they didn't add widescreen support :(

lIqUID
07-06-05, 09:24 AM
Oh thank God! I am so happy they spent time fixing that. That problem was affecting EVERYBODY. I'm glad they didn't waste time fixing those silly little problems with lagging out and crashing to desktop on map change.

Well, at least the server browser is fixed (maybe).

I heard that was an issue with Linux servers, and since Linux servers are getting a completely new install then maybe it will be fixed :rolleyes:

Dont whine about it before its even here, a little bit of something is better than all of nothing.

Mudcrutch
07-06-05, 11:12 AM
Awesome! They fixed the LOD on some objects... hopefully that means that tanks wont disapear anymore.

Also, "Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers."... anyone else think this sounds like a memory leak was discovered? There are probably other things thatd cause performance to get worse over time (for servers) but with all the complaints about memory usage, maybe there really was a leak...

well, i do know many well-managed servers were set to reboot once every 24 hours so they would run better... so yea, i think something was discovered.. although i think it was more than just a memory leak.

jAkUp
07-06-05, 11:27 AM
Other "hidden" changes seem to include:

a fix for blowing yourself up with the last C4 pack (auto-detonate)
a fix (server side) for the number of players required to start a round -- you can't set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart anymore...

WOLFGaming Network (http://wolfgaming.net/vB/showpost.php?p=181538&postcount=29)

Ninjaman09
07-06-05, 11:41 AM
Cool, thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to check this out tonight.

Roliath
07-06-05, 12:03 PM
Finally!

CaptNKILL
07-06-05, 01:28 PM
Awesome! No more C4 insta-death :D

They are addressing the gameplay issues it looks like... I bet the next few patches will work on squashing bugs.

$n][pErMan
07-06-05, 02:33 PM
Damit, im at work :( Gonna have to pick this up later... at least they are starting to work on things... still much more needs to be fixed though if thats all thats been fixed so far :p

fugu_fish
07-06-05, 02:44 PM
Damn, they didn't add widescreen support :(

Widescreen (1680X1050) works fine here.Unless you mean to add it as a menu option. It doesn't matter to me as long as it works.

Gnu_Raiz
07-06-05, 02:58 PM
Just installed the patch, the server browser works as advertised, you now have accurate pings, when you quick on update it pops up a little box telling you its updating. Seems to be well sorted out now at least the browser aspect of it is, hope that another patch is coming soon like say less than a month to fix all the other little gameplay things, this patch did not address.

demonized
07-06-05, 03:00 PM
Widescreen (1680X1050) works fine here.Unless you mean to add it as a menu option. It doesn't matter to me as long as it works.

The rez works but the top and bottom gets cut off a bit. some more info here
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1079&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=.

S.I.N
07-06-05, 03:21 PM
looks like they fixed the server list by making you wait a minute for it to update and also I guess it may have something to do with not many US servers being patched but I cant get a ping under 200.

nVidi0t
07-06-05, 05:36 PM
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1079&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=.

Yeah, that works, and a little FOV tweak can fix the loss of screen area, but the HUD is still stretched which is pretty annoying.

CaptNKILL
07-06-05, 05:55 PM
Wow just got into a ranked server and played 3 rounds, freaking great! My overall score is 50 now... not bad for my first ever ranked server :D

At first I thought the update killed my framerate, then I realized that I was still running the settings ive been playing KOTOR with... 4xAA and 16xAF and BF2 is set to 1280x960. Scary thing is, it was playable. Some times it was a lot slower than id like, but i managed to do really well for 3 rounds... Im very happy right now :D
I did see some bugs though... the vehicle damage STILL needs fixed. Someone tapped into me while backing up with a tank and i died, getting them a -4 score on a ranked server. Not fair at all in my opinion.

Also, i fired a rocket from an APC and I exploded. I noticed my vehicle lagging a bit (i was bumped up against a wall) so it probably lagged and stuck the rocket in the wrong place... so I got a suicide rather than killing the guy that was capturing a poing.

I doubt theres any way to fix that since its just a glitch, but it is anoying...

Gnu_Raiz
07-07-05, 09:41 AM
I was reading on evilavatar seems this patch really screws up the server code with massive memory leaks. So if you run a server I would avoid this one like the plague. They quote boomtown here is the link they refered to!

http://bf1942.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8649

Whats with all the patch threads can't people just use one thread about one patch? Maybe an admin need to join all the patch threads into one thread, should save on bandwidth.

Gnu_Raiz

fugu_fish
07-07-05, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the info. I read all 9 pages of the thread. I didn't even notice that the top and bottom of the screen was cut off.

Roliath
07-07-05, 11:29 AM
this patch has not let me "search" for servers. If i type anything the search comes up empty. And I cannot get back to the complete listing of all servers, so I have to exit the game, and re-enter.

demonized
07-07-05, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I read all 9 pages of the thread. I didn't even notice that the top and bottom of the screen was cut off.

lol, now 4:3 res. players see more than we do (atleast vertically).