PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 6800LE

mittu
07-06-05, 12:50 PM
I had a problem with my P.C. and it had to be returned to the manufacturers to be fixed. When it came back they had replaced the GF FX5700 card it originally had in it with a 6800LE (Leadtek). Since then playback of movie files has been dodgy. It is quite hard to describe but it looks like someone has messed around with the brightness and gamma, similar to the effect of pressing the "overbright" button on my monitor. Normal usage of the P.C. is fine and games look as they should, it is just when playing back any movie file including quicktime movies.

The movie player I use is Windows Media Player 10 though I have also tried various other players and the effect is the same. The drivers I am using are the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com (77.72).

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this problem and hopefully how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie.

rasseru
07-06-05, 10:23 PM
i had the same.. it is a driver issues, i changed back to ol 71.84 and it is ok. i dont know anything about the problem tho, but that will work.

mittu
07-07-05, 05:29 AM
Bingo!! That has fixed it, thanks very much :)

j0j081
07-07-05, 11:00 AM
omg you idiots! there is a simple fix for that! how hard is it to look around and find the thread? not to mention this is the tenth time this week I've read a new thread by some newb asking the exact same question... :thumbdwn:

mods you should start locking these threads and/or deleting them.

mittu
07-07-05, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your mature and well worded reply j0j081. For your information I did search these forums first but couldn't find any threads answering my problem. Instead of harping on about how stupid I am it might have been an idea to paste a link to one of the ten threads in the past week that I missed, you know, being helpful instead of rude and insulting. Just a thought.

watever
07-08-05, 12:24 AM
omg you idiots! there is a simple fix for that! how hard is it to look around and find the thread? not to mention this is the tenth time this week I've read a new thread by some newb asking the exact same question... :thumbdwn:

mods you should start locking these threads and/or deleting them.

dude.. relax and try to help. if u dont like reading the threads about video problems, dont read them. The guys just asking for some help and u shut him down likes hes an idiot. show some class and help him out.

For the video playback problem on the new drivers, the fix is this..

NVIDIA Overlay gamma controls under Standard mode do not work
properly, resulting in overly dark or overly bright video.
To work around this issue:
1 From the NVIDIA control panel, click the Color Correction menu tree
item.
2 From the Color Correction page, click the Apply color changes to list
arrow and select ALL, then click Restore Defaults.
3 Click Apply.