PDA

View Full Version : BF2 patch 1.01 is out!

Superfly
07-06-05, 02:11 PM
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/battlefield2/downloads/

toxikneedle
07-06-05, 02:30 PM
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/bf2patch_v_101.exe

Faster mirror

Mudcrutch
07-06-05, 03:15 PM
nice thanks..

i wonder how long till most people have it...

EDIT: people hold off on this for now... some are reporting not being able to log in after installing the patch... use caution..

Superfly
07-06-05, 04:07 PM
nah its fine - just that the login is busy and people have no patience to wait an extra minute or two.

installed fine - runs great - no stuttering during the 1st 2 seconds of connection like there was - its all smooth now.

browser is better - more responsive and the game did'nt crash at all in the last hours play.

jAkUp
07-06-05, 04:22 PM
Nice :D Can't wait to try this later today...

Mudcrutch
07-06-05, 04:31 PM
nah its fine - just that the login is busy and people have no patience to wait an extra minute or two.

installed fine - runs great - no stuttering during the 1st 2 seconds of connection like there was - its all smooth now.

browser is better - more responsive and the game did'nt crash at all in the last hours play.

nice.. installing now then... ;)

subbo
07-06-05, 04:54 PM
Seems to work great, although I dont see much if any difference. The browser certainly is better without the hanging.

Maybe the tank windows have enviro mapping but thats about it? Somehow some buildings look fancier a few meters away?

Its funny when you think you see all kinds of changes just because you didnt really look at stuff before.

One thing I hoped the LOD tweaks would fix was cars disappearing at long distance when you turn your tank turret directly at them, while they appear slightly off to the sides of the targeting graphic. This is due to the way your "camera" is a box and the corners draw further than the center.. at 1600x1200 it can be annoying to have to move your cursor off to see the target, then fire, then turn to see if its still there. Sometimes you see the guy sitting in the air driving towards you.. :D

CaptNKILL
07-06-05, 06:00 PM
One thing I hoped the LOD tweaks would fix was cars disappearing at long distance when you turn your tank turret directly at them, while they appear slightly off to the sides of the targeting graphic. This is due to the way your "camera" is a box and the corners draw further than the center.. at 1600x1200 it can be annoying to have to move your cursor off to see the target, then fire, then turn to see if its still there. Sometimes you see the guy sitting in the air driving towards you.. :D
They didnt fix this? How lame...

BF1942 had a much longer vehicle draw distance, i dont see why they cant have simplified models shown at long ranges... it makes no sense to have vehicles vanish when they are within the draw distance.

nmpitt
07-06-05, 06:31 PM
Anyone else having trouble installing the patch? It keeps telling me that it "Can't find install folder for Battlefield 2" :( . Can anyone help me out?

toxikneedle
07-06-05, 06:32 PM
One handy thing they added is you can now see the Server Info, name and ip, when you hold down TAB. Plus its all smooth for me now, no more lag.

killahsin
07-06-05, 07:26 PM
The server side netcode lag is all but gone thank god.