PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Support for SLI 7800 GTX System Question?

Digital_Trans
07-07-05, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know when dual monitor support will be available for
all of use users running SLI? I have the Ultra high-end 7800 GTX SLI setup.
If there was support would for dual monitors using SLI, how would it be
implemented??? from a bios update or Nvidia forceware drivers? :) Or would I
have to wait it out and upgrade to newer hardware that inables that extra feature? I've always wanted to know???? :D

H-street
07-07-05, 05:28 PM
umm i'm suprised the 7800GTX doesn't support multi monitor in SLI, Nvidia specifically said their next round of hardware would support it..

while the current hardware (68xx) would be unable to support it due to hardware limitations and at most would get it via driver update in the far distant future.

on the flip side i am unable to find out any information about ATI's Surround view which supposidly supports upto 5 monitors with the crossfire solution, whether that supports gaming or not like the Nvidia horizontal span is what i have been trying to find out or if it is just 2D only (like Nvidia's 4monitor support)

Digital_Trans
07-07-05, 06:30 PM
So far I'm running SLI and I can't get dual monitor support even with two Ultra High-end 7800 GTX Graphic cards. And just so that this is on the record.
I talked with BFG tech support and they said that Nvidia would have to inable such a feature in their Forceware driver software. Or it might be available from a bios update in the near future.