PDA

View Full Version : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Settings Question?

Digital_Trans
07-07-05, 06:50 PM
Yes, I would like you're options on settings that are good for tweaking on the
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. For those of you with this type of motherboard please post you're most stable settings that have worked for you! :D ;) :cool:
Let me know the out come and so forth. It's always interesting to know
the unkown if you know what I mean... you know? :D

AL-Selector.......

Peg Link Mode Settings.......

Peg Buffer Length Settings.........

:D :) :) :) ;) :p

Mathesar
11-17-05, 02:06 PM
I have these same questions ,using a recently installed Asus SLI Premium , right now all of the Peg modes are set on Auto.

Also what about HyperTransport Frequency? its also set on Auto.

Can any performance gains be had with manual settings or is it best to leave these alone? Thanks.

DRen72
11-17-05, 02:42 PM
I have these same questions ,using a recently installed Asus SLI Premium , right now all of the Peg modes are set on Auto.

Also what about HyperTransport Frequency? its also set on Auto.

Can any performance gains be had with manual settings or is it best to leave these alone? Thanks.

Set your HyperTransport to "5". I run mine set at "5" and have overclocked the FSB to 217-220MHz 100% stable. I would bet your RAM can handle that.

The PEG settings, in general, should be left alone to AUTO as upping them to fast or fastest settings can introduce instability or game freezes. I've read one forum here where upping the PEG setting caused the 81.94 drivers to hang, so I recommend you leave that as is. :)

ViN86
11-17-05, 03:00 PM
OC'ing the hyperthreading bus is pretty pointless tbh. it offers no real world performance boost and often only offers stability problems.

its best to keep the HT multiplier at a value that, when multiplied by the HTT (usually 200) it equals roughly 1000. ie, my HTT is at 250, so i run my HT multi at 4x.

fasedww
11-17-05, 07:50 PM
Set your HyperTransport to "5". I run mine set at "5" and have overclocked the FSB to 217-220MHz 100% stable. I would bet your RAM can handle that.

The PEG settings, in general, should be left alone to AUTO as upping them to fast or fastest settings can introduce instability or game freezes. I've read one forum here where upping the PEG setting caused the 81.94 drivers to hang, so I recommend you leave that as is. :)what if you disable the peg mode?, does it degrade performance?:)

john19055
12-06-05, 08:58 PM
I have the Peg Link Mode and Peg Buffer Length on my ASUS K8N4-E-Deluxe and from all the googleing I have done it seem to be a overclock for you video card ,but some sites say it works with ATI better then Nvidia and when they did set it to faster it was like a 1% increase ,I am fixing to try it and see what it does.