PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Colors Messed Up

ruxsm
07-08-05, 04:46 AM
I started to use digital vibrance awhile back, and it made all the colors a lot brighter. i liked it, but then i noticed how messed up the colors in some of my games turned out to be. so i set it back to off, but now when i play games the colors of the enviorments are way off (for example de_dust2 in counter-strike is suppose to be yellowish, dusty - its grey/pinkish). i know its not the games actually settings because i have them set exactly the same as my friends so he suggests its my graphic card or monitor. how do i restore all the default settings of monitor color display and graphic card?

Zeta
07-08-05, 10:25 AM
I found this really helped me. Go to your nvidia display control panel. Click on tools. Click on display optimization wizard. After running though this I found my colors have looked better than ever. I was quite amazed.

j0j081
07-08-05, 12:16 PM
using the Nvidia control panel go to color correction and make sure you hit the restore defaults button. don't rely on your friends settings as they may be different from the defaults. also, you could try applying the changes to "all," not just "desktop" at the top of that page. if this doesn't work check to see if you using any color profiles with your monitor and if so try removing those.