PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on with S.T.A.L.K.E.R ???

Pages : [1] 2

BioHazZarD
07-08-05, 11:07 AM
No news for months and today ive read on a german fanpage that a third !? leak has hit the net. Haha conspiracy anyone...
http://www.planet-stalker.de/news.php?newsid=447

Does anyone know why this game has been delayed so much ? Last thing i heard was when the May 2005 was cancel and since then its been dead quiet until this leak.

Superfly
07-08-05, 11:11 AM
its losing wood rapidly IMHO.

jAkUp
07-08-05, 11:24 AM
Hehe, and it was just announced today that Stalker will not be released in 2005

"In two words, to sum up an ICQ chat: when the plot is fully implemented (it is being completed), the simulation will be finally tuned. This is what the team is doing right now.

The game will certainly not come out this year.

Look for the beginning of the wide advertising campaign, as it will mean half a year until the release."

http://stalker.myexp.de/en/index.php?site=newscomment2.php&id=1847

XP_GUN
07-08-05, 12:12 PM
Damn when are they going to relase it, its been delayed more times than Doom3 and Half Life 2 :POKE:

msxyz
07-08-05, 01:49 PM
I heard they're trying to beat Duke Nukem Forever record... ;)

|MaguS|
07-08-05, 02:01 PM
I so gave up on this game... F.E.A.R. is where its at!

Edge
07-08-05, 02:03 PM
I heard they're trying to beat Duke Nukem Forever record... ;)
Hah, good luck with that, Duke Nukem Forever has an 8 year lead on them. But I guess we'll see what happens when 2012 rolls around :p

Anyway, they really need to finish this game up. I don't like the idea of them cutting features to get the game out the door quicker, but at this point it seems like this may have been a better option if they just have to keep delaying it over and over again. But hey, at least newer builds of it keep getting leaked so that we know they're still working on it ;)

GamerGuyX
07-08-05, 02:11 PM
I so gave up on this game... F.E.A.R. is where its at!

Come on now how could you give up on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!? I mean the game has an engine more powerful that Unreal Engine 3!!! OMG it must be true THIS (http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=83&threadid=79818&enterthread=y) guy says it is!

nah, thats nothing, that screenshot of stalker is dx8. x-ray engine has move lighting features and advanced technology than unreal could dream of (exception of ageia physics chip compatability). the ue3 screen you post looks all the same, and lame to my taste. the dx9 movie, if you watched, clearly pwns anything unreal can do. the stalker dx8 screen you have, is from 2002... no comparison, every blade of grass, ever visible object in the game cast a shadow, from ANY light source, fire sun moon headlamp light lamp anything on everything rendering in real time, softer shadows than unreal3. the only thing i give unreal 3 is AGEIA physics compatability, which isnt a must now. lets look at the engines.

:rolleyes:

Ninjaman09
07-08-05, 02:31 PM
Wow, that guy is just a damn idiot. Plain and simple. Hahahaha!

GamerGuyX
07-08-05, 02:40 PM
Wow, that guy is just a damn idiot. Plain and simple. Hahahaha!

lol. Somebody should go over there and tell him that. :D

BioHazZarD
07-08-05, 03:57 PM
I wish they had waited 3 years before announcing and hyping this game so much. Then it might actually have some resonance. Now it's swiftly becoming an industry joke. Don't get me wrong, i'm still looking forward to it, but how far forward do i have to look? It gets tiring

killahsin
07-08-05, 05:13 PM
DNF and TF2 can never have their record beaten

Vagrant Zero
07-08-05, 06:38 PM
Stalker? Is that a kind of dairy product?

Razor1
07-08-05, 06:53 PM
Come on now how could you give up on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!? I mean the game has an engine more powerful that Unreal Engine 3!!! OMG it must be true THIS (http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=83&threadid=79818&enterthread=y) guy says it is!

:rolleyes:

The Unreal Engine isn't that great, its comparable to the Cry Engine in most regards with indoor rendering doesn't compete with it in outdoor, just that Epic has a butt load of money to get the best artists in the world.

Unreal tech is a much more user friendly approach to game making that is what makes it a better technology not the graphics core.

nVidi0t
07-08-05, 08:22 PM
The way things are looking with UE3 on the horizon and fine tuned D3 engine games, not to mention that STALKER wont make it for 2005, It's going to look so old by the time it's released. I wouldn't be surprised if they get stuck in some engine upgrade cycle a la DNF.

scott123
07-08-05, 09:20 PM
STALKER is a cooked goose. It looked good, and sounded good. In 2006 its too late and will be outdated. Productions costs will not be recouped by that point either. I would be suprised if it ever comes out. The likely senerao, is the $$$ will get yanked and the project killed.

rudedog
07-08-05, 10:58 PM
I can see it now. DNF delayed because their switching to the STALKER engine when released.

Marcos
07-11-05, 11:33 AM
s.t.a.l.k.e.r.? **** that noise

Greg
07-11-05, 07:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with STALKER, it is just suffering from from 'premature evaluation'. We saw the game announced five years ago, and expected it already. Good thing is, it has actually been improved a lot since that time. If it gets released in the next year or two, or keeps progressing as it has, it will still look comparably good at that time.

Seph gPu
07-11-05, 07:41 PM
Well actually, we didn't just see it, they "officially" announced Stalker as being released nov. 2002. I have old magazine articles with the ads. Since then, it has been constantly delayed close to every 6 months.

TheManko
07-11-05, 08:16 PM
You people have obviously not seen the latest trailer, the graphics have improved to the point that it won't look outdated if it's released spring 2006. Soft shadows and displacement mapping all over the place! (including exteriors)
I actually am happy for all these delays, as it means it might have working features, unlike one other recently released game.

SH64
07-12-05, 08:53 AM
3 new amazing screens & news that STALKER might not come out until fall 2006 :thumbdwn:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=26645&mode=thread&order=0

TheManko
07-12-05, 08:59 AM
FALL 2006!? Now even I'M upset! I sure hope they calm down the marketing department for a year now, so they won't piss off people even more. Let people forget about it, then BAM!

BioHazZarD
07-12-05, 12:07 PM
looks good but fall 2006 bah until then im sure one or two three other kickass fps will be announced or even close to release.

Banko
07-12-05, 12:24 PM
According to oblivion-lost.com: Update: As our French partner, stalkerol, found out from senior product manager Jérémy G. (THQ France), the statement was a false one, caused by a bug in their new administrative tool. The official release date is still "2006", while a release is expected "at the beginning of 2006".

Also supposedly those 3 screens are fake.