PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to plug in pci express power cable to 7800gtx.

reyalP
07-08-05, 11:18 AM
I was finishing my build and forgot to hook up the second 7800gtx power cable to the card. I booted up into windows and it gave me a message that it was switching to low power mode. I realized my mistake and shut down the machine hooked the power back up and rebooted. It booted fine and everything seems to work. Will this cause damage to the card if you forget to hook up the power cable to one of the cards and boot up?

thanks

Superfly
07-08-05, 11:19 AM
simple answer - no it will be fine.

reyalP
07-08-05, 11:22 AM
thanks. Glad to hear that. Next time I won't try to work on my computer when i have someone nagging in my ear over the phone.

$n][pErMan
07-08-05, 01:16 PM
thanks. Glad to hear that. Next time I won't try to work on my computer when i have someone nagging in my ear over the phone.
This is why you don't build computers with your girlfreind b!tching in your ear... lol. :p :D :D

reyalP
07-08-05, 01:43 PM
[pErMan']This is why you don't build computers with your girlfreind b!tching in your ear... lol. :p :D :D

Yeah, I really need to learn to tone things out so I can concentrate on whats important. ;)

$n][pErMan
07-08-05, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I really need to learn to tone things out so I can concentrate on whats important. ;)
haha.. ya :cool: I was on the phone with some chick once who just kept going on and on about nothing and I litterally put the phone on my desk (without telling her)... went to the restroom ... then to get some food out of the kitchen ... went outside for a sec.. then came back to the phone and she was still talking!!!!! :eek: Needless to say I rarely picked up the phone if it was her calling after that .. lol.

mx125race
07-08-05, 08:17 PM
one word: lol :D