PDA

View Full Version : Coded Arms

oldsk00l
07-08-05, 01:09 PM
WHOMGZ TIHS ONE ROXX0RZ MY BOXORZ!!#@

(Just for you Mr. Hunt)

Actually, this game does not have a very "into it" story, however man the artwork is great and the action is awesome.

Heh, since I got use to playing Unreal on Voodoo1 hardward the framerate issue doesn't bother me at all.

Music kinda sucks, but the rest of the audio sounded great. The weapons have a very visceral feel to them. The random level generation actually works just fine for me, because of the control.

I'm really glad this game doesn't just get out there whilst having this control scheme. The whole "Doom" feel works being that it's a handheld. The textures had some good detail to them, I'm very happy with this game.

gj Konami

Bad_Boy
07-08-05, 01:21 PM
yeah, only thing i didnt like were the initial controls so i turned those to the "D control" setting in the first minute playing the training level :P everything was a blast from then on.

game content and gameplay is pretty good, graphics dont look half bad either.

so are you keeping your psp oldsk00l? ;)

Mr. Hunt
07-08-05, 01:29 PM
Yeah... I want to play it but don't have the cash to buy it right now :(.

oldsk00l
07-08-05, 01:38 PM
yeah, only thing i didnt like were the initial controls so i turned those to the "D control" setting in the first minute playing the training level :P everything was a blast from then on.

game content and gameplay is pretty good, graphics dont look half bad either.

so are you keeping your psp oldsk00l? ;)

still waffling, Coded Arms and the VNC client have given me second thoughts

The VNC thing is where the PSP would absolutely rock hard if I had a mini-keyboard to plug into it.

|MaguS|
07-08-05, 01:45 PM
Have you tried MP yet? Its awsome, My friend and I play it during out break. The random level generator helps a ton aswell in this aspect because theres no same camp spots. :)

oldsk00l
07-08-05, 01:48 PM
Have you tried MP yet? Its awsome, My friend and I play it during out break. The random level generator helps a ton aswell in this aspect because theres no same camp spots. :)

I can hear my calling now......need to find other PSP users that own Coded Arms though...but I bet that'd be mad fun.

Lfctony
07-08-05, 01:52 PM
My wallpaper is from the game, didn't know it was out. Will get if reviews are good. :)

Edit: Don't tell me it's PSP only. :(

oldsk00l
07-08-05, 01:57 PM
My wallpaper is from the game, didn't know it was out. Will get if reviews are good. :)

Edit: Don't tell me it's PSP only. :(
It's a PSP title.

Bad_Boy
07-08-05, 04:40 PM
hahaha. thats comedy.

The VNC thing is where the PSP would absolutely rock hard if I had a mini-keyboard to plug into it.
definately. im waiting for the creator to update the vnc program, he says the next release will work alot faster and less buggy. right now its almost impossible to use the mouse with realVNC, i tried that TightVNC and mouse worked well but still could be a bit faster.

that psp remote program looks promising if the guy could get it to work for all tv's and other devices like dvd players and stuff. (i dont have a sony tv or a slim ps2) anyways i got way off topic :P we should have a thread just for psp homebrew talk.

oldsk00l
07-09-05, 10:51 PM
Got to play this in multiplayer with, some guy, dunno who at the mall today.

WOW, I really got a kick out of it too.

I think I found my favorite control method, the default type a. I find that refining the aim with strafing I was more responsive and could easily get a handle on things. Since the game is so "doom"-ish it makes perfect sense to do it that way. I dunno, but maybe it's just being more adept with the thumbstick.

I think that between this game, and another goodie I got for my PSP - it's worth keeping around. I really enjoy this game LOTS, Konami did awesome on it and the whole matrix-ish feel just works.

diabolita23
08-05-05, 04:48 PM
I finally got my PSP! This is definitely my favorite game for it so far. I don't see what all the fuss about the controls is about. Some of my favorite shooters (and the best respected shooters of all time) were originally released on single-stick consoles. It's not that hard to get used to.

Played multiplayer with my buddy yesterday, so fun.