PDA

View Full Version : dvi timings on 6800gt and samsung 172x

gram_vaz
07-09-05, 04:47 AM
does anyone know what dvi timings i can do to improve compatability? sometimes when i exit a game or at boot the colors will go out of wack. it's like watching a 3d movie without glasses. when i press printscreen to capture the image, save the image and view at next boot to see it, it doesn't show up in the print screen which tells me it's some sort of out of sync problem with my monitor.

it looks like this:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/multimedia/3d/red_blue/stone-3d.gif

gram_vaz
07-09-05, 04:52 AM
will it damage anything if i apply these settings? setting timing standard to reduced blanking.

gram_vaz
07-09-05, 06:43 PM
/bump

photophreak314
07-10-05, 12:39 AM
I have that same problem. Same monitor and 6800gt. I just turn the monitor off and then on and it fixes the problem. I haven't really thought about trying to "fix" the problem, as I can temporarily solve it in 1 second.

Any info anybody?

gram_vaz
07-10-05, 01:25 AM
this seems to be an issue with nvidia cards and samsung 172x. i never had this issue with 9600xt. then when i got 6800nu this would happen on occasion. returned that card because i wanted a gt card and hoped this problem would go away but it's still there.

this happens very rarely to me. even though it only takes a second or two to fix it's still annoying to have your picture go out of whack every other time you boot up or enter/exit game. i contacted samsung by email about dvi timings tweak i can do to fix this and all i got was a 'please call our phone support' message...

just to stress that this is purely a hardware issue and not something wrong in windows that problem happened to me once when i booted into memtest 86+.

gram_vaz
07-12-05, 08:32 AM
no one? :( seems to happen more and more now...

gram_vaz
07-12-05, 09:05 AM
switch to vga i guess. this is getting too annoying...

crainger
07-13-05, 02:00 AM
I to can confirm this problem... I just switch it on and off. Only happens with my new 172x, never happened on my old one (died due to faulty controller board).

gram_vaz
07-13-05, 02:27 AM
something i've done that you may try is switch the dvi mode to reduced blanking. haven't had it happen to me since i did that. though only with more use will i be able to tell for sure.

edit - nope. still does it.