PDA

View Full Version : ARCTIC COOLING NV SILENCER 5 rev 2

Eltigre88
07-09-05, 08:21 AM
The NV5 Silencer Rev 2 is designed for both power users and low noise environments. Warm air is exhausted directly outside the case! The heatsink has a solid copper base with aluminum thin fin design. It is cooled by a wheel-style fan that draws cool air from the case and blows it through the heatsink fins. The heated air form the heatsink is then exhausted directly outside the case, thus helping to reduce case temperatures!

I beg to differ with this statement which I got off of crazypc.com. I wonder why they added the blocks and did not make it one piece as they stated? This will not help heat transfer at all.

combat_wombat
07-09-05, 11:38 AM
what's the problem? the base is solid copper, but because the memory is lower they added on some additional copper risers to the portion of the base that touches the memory. it should have very little if any impact on temps

Rytr
07-09-05, 12:08 PM
There are a lot of reviews on this cooler, we have a review of the Rev 1 right here: http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/arctic_cooler_nv5_silencer/index.shtml.

Eltigre88
03-12-07, 10:00 AM
Have since moved on to a Zalman GPU cooler which runs idle at 32C and gaming 45C which beats the heck out of NV Silencer.