PDA

View Full Version : CS:S crashes to the desktop randomly. Need help.

Zeta
07-09-05, 12:08 PM
I am getting random crashes with CS:S now. I cannot say when it started for sure since I just put together a new computer. When it crashes it takes me to the desktop and all other apps running like teamspeak are still running fine. I really think this is isolated to CS:S since I played WoW for about 2 hours and it never crashed. Futhermore to "test" my system I joined a non ranked battlefield 2 server and was in it from like 10pm to 5am (while I was sleeping). So 7 hours straight without a crash. Anyone have any ideas?

I have AMD 64 3700+, Asus A8N SLI deluxe mobo, evga 6800 GT 77.72(? not at home but the latest official drivers).

Also I have checked the CPU, Mobo and GPU tempratures very close and they are not even close to being too hot. Well under threshold temps.

Or is anyone else seeing this so I know its just not me...

killahsin
07-09-05, 09:23 PM
nforce 4 mobo? u have the nforce 4 ide drivers installed? i have heard of serious issues with them. for instance they make my comp randomly blue screen at startup.

Zeta
07-10-05, 12:28 PM
Have not had a BSOD yet. I went to a LAN last night and the darn thing did not crash one single time playing CS:S for about 5 hours. So odd. Whatever it was seems to be gone and I hope it stays away.