PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory artifacts on 7800 GTX, need re-assurance

DoomUK
07-09-05, 05:41 PM
Last night I was playing on Chaos Theory, and I encountered (what seemed to me) a bizarre graphix artifact. Unfortunatley I don't have any screenies, but during mission 6 an NPC's head was utterley distortred; it looked like his head was made up of massive triangular shapes rotating on his shoulders :wtf: lol. When I approached the NPC the model went back to normal... Nothing else in the level was out of place, and I've since played the game and everything runs fine.

Could it simply be a Forceware bug and/or a bug in the app? Or do you think it could be signs of my GPU overheating :eek: ? I've overclocked my GTX once so far; peaked @ 498Mhz/1.30Ghz :cool:, experienced some heavy artifacts in 3DMark05 though (to be expected I know, even with the best cooling), and so quit the test and returned my frequencies to normal. GPU temps are good btw: around 47-50C idle, 60-65C under heavy load.

Thanks.

AGibbon
07-09-05, 06:06 PM
Probably a driver glitch, but why would you even jeapordize this card by overclocking it like that? The card is plenty fast, without an overclock. I would not want to piss $600 down the drain.

DoomUK
07-09-05, 06:18 PM
I know I know, me and my insatiable appetite for tinkering with stuff. Me bad :(

But it did prove that the 'vanilla' 7800 GTX can OC like a beast though ;)