PDA

View Full Version : Flashing 7800 BIOS

Zurble
07-09-05, 06:14 PM
i tried the nvflash 5.13 to flash a 7800 GTX, and it seems to work (no wierd things until now)

however the new flashed speeds seems to be bound to the drivers option/coolbits (no coolbits -> only mem updates, coolbit -> drivers sets overclocking options like if it was software overclocked, but i don't know if both cards gets the overclocking, only 1 is flashed)

could the drivers automaticaly detect bios speeds and overclock both card the same speeds despite me not choosing this option?

is there an official flashing tool for 7800 GTX (not vendor specific) ?

DoomUK
07-09-05, 06:30 PM
No offense intended, but why on earth would you risk flashing your 7800 GTX's BIOS? And not to sound ignorant, but what did you flash it (up) to?

lol I just got b****cked in my recent post for OC'ing my GTX, never mind fooling around with her precious BIOS :p

Zurble
07-09-05, 06:55 PM
when u have 2 cards, flashing wrong can be recovered easily...specialy when u can flash in SLI mode.

in fact when i overclock via coolbits, 3dmark2005 goes from 11000+ to 6000+ in SLI (even less then 1 card alone)

now that i bios flashed, it runs perfect

Mesce
07-10-05, 07:37 AM
I have flashed my 7800gtx 3 times, from normal to a modded bios with no throttling to a modded modded no throttling bios to this current gainward bios I am using, it was the newest so I decided to do it.

Using nero you can create a bootable cdrom, it is best to flash off the cd rom or your hard drive, seeing as Im using SATA I use the cd rom and it gives a perfect flash so long as the bios image is perfect.

5150 Joker
07-10-05, 08:22 AM
when u have 2 cards, flashing wrong can be recovered easily...specialy when u can flash in SLI mode.

in fact when i overclock via coolbits, 3dmark2005 goes from 11000+ to 6000+ in SLI (even less then 1 card alone)

now that i bios flashed, it runs perfect

How do you flash an SLI setup? When you boot into dos, does nvflash differentiate between the two cards and ask you which to flash?

rewt
07-10-05, 08:59 AM
You could always flash each one separately, no? :-/

Zurble
07-10-05, 09:54 AM
nvflash has an option to choose which card to flash

nvflash -i0 file.rom
nvflash -i1 file2.rom
nvflash --list for adapter list

Zurble
07-10-05, 02:41 PM
I have flashed my 7800gtx 3 times, from normal to a modded bios with no throttling to a modded modded no throttling bios to this current gainward bios I am using, it was the newest so I decided to do it.

Using nero you can create a bootable cdrom, it is best to flash off the cd rom or your hard drive, seeing as Im using SATA I use the cd rom and it gives a perfect flash so long as the bios image is perfect.

was it with nvflash ?
i don't know if gainward give its own flash utility.

for the software overclocking thing i think the drivers automaticaly overclock the card to the other card speeds, both card must be flashed the same speeds to avoid drivers to mess with that.

Mesce
07-10-05, 06:18 PM
It was with NVflash the latest version, it is best to use a cd rom or hard drive to flash from but it is hazardous to do it with a floppy.

OWA
07-10-05, 06:51 PM
How do you flash an SLI setup? When you boot into dos, does nvflash differentiate between the two cards and ask you which to flash?
When I flashed mine using the BFG supplied bios and utility that someone here posted, it did both of my cards.

5150 Joker
07-10-05, 06:57 PM
When I flashed mine using the BFG supplied bios and utility that someone here posted, it did both of my cards.

Could someone please post this utility? I plan to pick up a BFG 7800 GTX from Dell later on and my current card is a Leadtek. Figure I'll flash the Leadtek to the BFG bios so I can SLI them.

OWA
07-10-05, 07:06 PM
The guy that provided it still has it available. Try this link:

http://www.zfz.com/bfg/BFG_7800gtx_11.25_bios_tool.zip

5150 Joker
07-10-05, 07:09 PM
The guy that provided it still has it available. Try this link:

http://www.zfz.com/bfg/BFG_7800gtx_11.25_bios_tool.zip

Thanks!

Huigie
07-11-05, 02:05 AM
I don't have a floppy drive, could one of you place the rom file online?
Thx in advance.

EDIT: never mind, got it. bios (http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&parent=folder&filecatid=1121)