PDA

View Full Version : Aspire X-qpack

toxikneedle
07-09-05, 10:43 PM
I like this case alot and I would like to build a SFF gaming rig by next spring using this case. I was on the Aspire website and saw that the PSU has 20A on the 12v rail, after reading some reviews on this case and checking some sites, everyone else is saying its only 12A on the 12v rail. Does anyone know if the PSU was updated or something. Here's the link to where the specifications for the PSU are:
http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=143

Also, do you guys think this would be a good SFF case for my next rig... I'm planning on getting all the money together by spring and getting a X2 4400, 2gigs of ram and 7800 (or better) on a MicroATX Nforce4 mobo.

junkbond-jones
07-10-05, 09:31 AM
have you seen shuttles new xpc?

http://sys.us.shuttle.com/DualCore.aspx

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/8391

toxikneedle
07-10-05, 10:17 AM
Well first off shuttle only sells barebone systems from what I know, not the cheapest too I think. Second, the PSU's they provide are all worst than the one in aspire's case.... For now I just want to find out about the PSU inside aspire, I dunno if I really want a Shuttle.

junkbond-jones
07-10-05, 01:17 PM
it's anecdotal, but everything ive ever heard about aspire PSUs has not been good. more watts doesnt = better psu.

i wouldnt combine something as pricey as an X2/7800gtx/2gb w/ one, but that's just me. i suggested shuttle because they have SFFs designed for SLi.

other option would be something like an an antec aria (if you arent going SLi it should be a great choice) 300W antec (they're conservative estimates compared to cheaper brands) should be enough to run a system of that caliber stably.

btw i think foxconn makes some nF4 Ultra micros, not sure if they're X2 ready though.

toxikneedle
07-10-05, 01:29 PM
Yeah, well I'm trying to find out if I want to build a high end system like that, if i would be better off with a shuttle or aspire. Like I said I'm getting this in like a half a year because I'm still waiting for things like Creative's X-FI and also things to progress and prices to lower on X2s and the new GPUs thatll come out. So the mobo is no prob, by the time I will buy my SFF, X2 mobos wont be a prob. I don't know how good Shuttle's mobos are, I know that Asus is releasing a great nforce 4 mATX mobo soon.

ricercar
07-11-05, 02:55 AM
I read that you can replace the stock PSU in the Qpack case with any ATX PSU.

junkbond-jones
07-11-05, 05:56 AM
I read that you can replace the stock PSU in the Qpack case with any ATX PSU.
true, it's dimensions do look like a typical atx. that may be a good alternative.

the antec aria uses a standard atx psu as well. the output on antec's psu is almost the same even exceeding the aspire in some areas w/ lower flucuation. antec uses an average power output while aspire seems to use maxium peak output to rate their psus.

toxikneedle
07-11-05, 10:50 AM
Well Aspire's PSU dimensions are: -Size:116 x 149 x 87 mm. I thought that ATX PSUs are a bit bigger than that? Do you know any PSUs I can buy to replace the Aspire one?

junkbond-jones
07-11-05, 06:03 PM
Well Aspire's PSU dimensions are: -Size:116 x 149 x 87 mm. I thought that ATX PSUs are a bit bigger than that? Do you know any PSUs I can buy to replace the Aspire one?
antec PSUs are about the same