PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter 3

0utlaw
07-10-05, 04:56 PM
l0L to all
I have gigabyte gf6800gt and when i play silent hunter 3 game just flick sometime and work bad on defoult settings. In game manual i read this. " Known Problems

On NVidia GeForce6800 GT with 66.93 drivers there are some performance losses when the player
uses Binoculars,UZO or Periscope while the submarine is moving.The image becames foggy and
the frames per second drop.
The manufacturer is aware of the problem and it may be solved in the future driver versions" I use all drivers from gigabyte site and NVidia and problem is same. :mad: My pc spec is P4 3.2ghz HT mainboard is Asus P4C800-E delux, storage is sata seagate 120gb and i have 2gb of DDR pc3200 dual 400mhz.

TB303
07-10-05, 05:29 PM
Hi Mate,

Make sure you install all of SH3 game updates, there are at least 3 that I remembe, you can find them all at the official Ubisoft website.

I can't test this great game's performance on my 6800GT (played it on my previous ATI), good luck!

msxyz
07-11-05, 03:00 AM
Hi Mate,

Make sure you install all of SH3 game updates, there are at least 3 that I remembe, you can find them all at the official Ubisoft website.

I can't test this great game's performance on my 6800GT (played it on my previous ATI), good luck!I think the 77 series driver fixed it.

You can also disable the spray effects, if it still doesn't work for you.

TB303
08-22-05, 03:29 PM
Does nayone else hve those problems in SH3 with a 6800GT?
I'm thinking of getting this game (again).

Thanks!

H-street
08-22-05, 03:49 PM
its a known issue, they put in a fix where you can use CTL-P or something like that to disable the particle effects when looking through the periscope or the binoculars. then CTL-P again to enable it.

its a known issue but still not 100% Fix for it..

Demigod
08-23-05, 04:50 AM
It only happens on the UZo as well. I never had any problems with the others.

You need that patchs though
( the UZO is usless anyway just use the deck gun or the periscope)

I cant say if this problem is still in there with new drivers or if the patches fixed it. BUt the patches add so much more to the game.

Greg
08-23-05, 05:48 AM
I have the game. The only two issues I've heard of are slowed framerates in the docks and UZO is white with spray particles. I havn't noticed particular slow down in the docks, and the UZO bug was fixed with v77 driver as mentioned. So go ahead and get the game, it is good.

If you want more issues, go the the SubSim forum where people will complain about how the sausages hanging in the galley are not the correct length for the type enjoyed by german crews during 1940, and other such critical issues.

Delbert
08-23-05, 11:59 AM
:lol2: sausages !!!

Play the game quite a lot. The 77.76 fixed the spray issue for me.

TB303
08-23-05, 04:07 PM
Wicked,
thanks people,

I can't wait to get the game already!

thanks.