PDA

View Full Version : X2 4400+ and Leadtek 6800GT AGP (Freeze problem!)

h4nc0
07-11-05, 01:06 PM
Hello,

Originally, I installed X2 4400+ on a MSI Neo2 Platinum and got weird random freeze in 2D desktop. Thinking it was the board with a beta BIOS, I switched motherboard to A8V Deluxe, and as soon as I installed it, I am getting the 2D desktop freeze again. It happens very rarely but consistantly. I have to reset the machine to recover from the freeze. My power is Antec Truepower 550W. Leadtek 6800GT. It seems like it's a driver issue, but I haven't really seen others mentioning such problems. I know several X2 users who are having similar problem as mine, but I haven't seen a single report of this kind of problem on most of the hardware forums on the net.

So I ask, does anyone with X2 processor running problem-free with their Geforce 6800 series, particularly on 939/AGP setup?

Thanks.

nippyjun
07-11-05, 01:08 PM
I had similar issues and found that the problem seems to be gone by increasing the memory voltage.

h4nc0
07-11-05, 01:28 PM
I am running at stock speed and at 2.8v VDIMM. (highest that will go on this board). When I was running on MSI Neo2 Platinum, it was 2.85v. I am currently running two power supplies (550W Antec and 430W Antec), and I just got another crash in 2D. This seems more like Nvidia Geforce issue. (either driver or hardware itself?) This is SOOO frustrating. :(

rohit
07-11-05, 03:37 PM
have you installed (and is it pro'lly running in the background) the winfox2 utility. i remember one of its versions (new or older) had this FREEZE issue i experienced in both 2D and 3D. (example while browsing, everything just froze and after waiting for exactly 2mins 35secs its started working again, same with Source, while playing online it used to FRAME down to 4fps and ping raised to 999 and i used to get stuck for 2:30 mins)
Hope this helps.
ANYWAYS,
considering i will be buyin the X2 4400+ as soon as it launches here, and i have the same mobo and GFX card, howz the performance of X2 4400+ with 68GT in 3D apps i mean Benches etc. in HL2, RoE Chaos th. (these are the games im currently playing so wanted some info.)

h4nc0
07-11-05, 06:40 PM
Nope. Nothing in background running. Plus, the freeze is unrecoverable. You have to reset the computer. :(

havox
07-11-05, 11:18 PM
Nope. Nothing in background running. Plus, the freeze is unrecoverable. You have to reset the computer. :(

I dont think your mobo support The athlon64 X2 series, I could'nt find a document on asus support site that said so. contact asus!

BrianG
07-12-05, 08:06 AM
According to this, the Neo2 does since BIOS version 7025v18.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=607&kind=1

Make sure you are on the latest BIOS. Disable fast-writes and report back...

And why are you running two power supplies?

skypx
07-12-05, 09:22 AM

Did you install the dual core driver (http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpu.exe)?

BrianG
07-12-05, 10:28 AM
Service Pack 2 recognizes the Dual Core. He should also make sure that Device Manager shows "ACPI Multiprocessor" under Computer.

rohit
07-12-05, 01:31 PM
Post your complete system specs. also check for spyware, i dont see any any hardware issue here..