PDA

View Full Version : Forceware TFT scaling ?

Bartflaster
07-11-05, 02:36 PM
I remember reading a while back, nvidia drivers had an option to scale for TFT's instead of leting the monitor do it, resulting in a better image sometimes.
ANyone know were I need to go to find this option, as I can't seem to find it in the control panel ?

Superfly
07-11-05, 03:01 PM
read page 6 of the forceware tweakguide (under the heading of digital flat panels) @ www.tweakguides.com

Bartflaster
07-11-05, 03:30 PM
Thanks, thats what I meant, but I do not have a tab for "digital flat panel settings" just the one for display mode timing :rolleyes:
Using 71.89 whql and coolbits .. so how do I make this tab appear ?

Superfly
07-11-05, 03:50 PM
try the 77.72 drivers and make sure your connected with DVI

Bartflaster
07-11-05, 03:59 PM
TFT does not have DVI conection, I tried using the adaptor on the DVI output to see if that helped but it didn't.
I tried the 77.72's but I cant use them as they dont work properley with my main game.

Superfly
07-11-05, 04:18 PM
TFT does not have DVI conection

I could be wrong but I think your gonna need a DVI Monitor.

I have a CRT - so I cant speak from experience.

Bartflaster
07-11-05, 04:31 PM
Ah well ... I was just wanting to compare the IQ between driver level scaling, and the monitor, no worries.
Thanks for your help :)

macatak
07-12-05, 01:14 AM
Thanks, thats what I meant, but I do not have a tab for "digital flat panel settings" just the one for display mode timing :rolleyes:
Using 71.89 whql and coolbits .. so how do I make this tab appear ?
I have that tab in my display options but i have a DVI TFT monitor

gram_vaz
07-12-05, 01:37 AM
that display adapter scaling doesn't work for me. i set it but my monitor is still doing the scaling...

reason i want that display adapter scaling is because my monitor uses a blurring technique for scaling. apparently the guys at samsung decided it's better for the scaled image to be blurry rather than pixely. i would rather the image be pixely rather than blurry though. unless display adapter scaling uses the same technique for scaling where it blurs the image?

particleman
07-12-05, 10:58 PM
Well if you're after sharpness, you're out of luck, I have a Samsung LCD as well and nVidia's scaling is even blurrier than Samsungs. I find nVidia's options are useful for disabling scaling altogether or maintaining aspect ratio though.

_Phil_
07-13-05, 11:40 AM
I posted a thread about this a while ago and got 0 useful response from anyone.

Seems you need a DVI capable monitor