PDA

View Full Version : Asus N7800GTX and smartdoctor?

anthonyl
07-11-05, 06:51 PM
Installed my Asus Extreme 7800GTX yesterday and was wondering about the "Smartdoctor" feature.

There is supposed to be some temp and fan settings but all I get is the 2 overclocking bars. One would think that with a "top of the line" Asus card that all the features would be available?

Vishruth
07-11-05, 09:36 PM
I think you need to use the graphics card drives that ASUS provides with the card (on the driver cd and on their website) in order to be able to use those features. My guess is that you are using the drivers available from nvidia.com and not those provided by ASUS.

When I had my 6800Ultra AGP from ASUS (v9999 Ultra Deluxe), I never tried ASUS's own drivers. On loading smartdoctor, I remember it telling me that I needed to use ASUS's official drivers for the card in order to get all the features of smartdoctor.

anthonyl
07-11-05, 10:53 PM
I am using the drivers that came with the card as well as the "Enhanced drivers" they tell you to use. (the 77:50 drivers came on the CD as well as their own enhanced driver).

kam03
07-12-05, 07:26 AM
Does it specify anywhere on the box, manual or website that the Smartdoctor has those features?

Anyways you can check your temps on nvidia control panel. I ordered the ASUS EN7800GTX, when my one arrives, ill let you know if I get the same problem.

anthonyl
07-12-05, 08:33 PM
Yes it does say it has those features....temp monitoring etc etc One would think that a top of the range card like the 7800GTX would have a chip for that.

keith33
07-12-05, 09:00 PM
This might sound rash but I had an Asus card too and I absolutely hated the BS that came with Smartdoctor and it's crappy overclocking. Why don't you flash the card with an eVGA, Leadtek, XFX, or BFG (if you don't mind risking it for the OC) and use coolbits or rivatuner for temperature and overclocking. But that's just my opinion, I can't stand the Asus utilities. Good luck with either way.

Draxx
07-13-05, 06:20 AM
Asus use there own non standard temperature monitoring chip that Coolbits does not recognise. Only Smart Doc and the latest Beta of Everest can use this chip AFAIK.

anthonyl
07-13-05, 06:32 AM
Asus use there own non standard temperature monitoring chip that Coolbits does not recognise. Only Smart Doc and the latest Beta of Everest can use this chip AFAIK.

Well I am trying to use the temp monitoring feature in SMARTDOCTOR ..BUT I only have the overclocking bars..not the temp settings.