PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 7800GTX question

Big Ev
07-12-05, 11:30 AM
How do I get to this screen?
http://www.nvnews.net/temp/clay/def3d.jpg

I just recently acquired a BFG 7800GTX OC :D

It's for the new machine I just built yesterday! Its the first rig I've bought since before I went to college (4 years) ago. I'm not looking to OC any further, it just irks me that I can't seem to find that screen.

New rig:
AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+
ASUS A8N Deluxe SLI
74GB SATA WD Raptor 10,000 RPM
2GB RAM Cosair XMS
BFG 7800GTX OC
Aspire Navigator X case

Got the SLI board cause looking to throw in another BFG in few months :)

Thanks for the help in advance.

gram_vaz
07-12-05, 11:32 AM
coolbits. just install rivatuner.

Big Ev
07-12-05, 11:38 AM
coolbits. just install rivatuner.
coolbits and rivatuner are one in the same?

MUYA
07-12-05, 11:42 AM
nope. Rivatuner is a 3rd party software developed by Uniwinder.

coolbits is a registry NV control applet features unlocker

gram_vaz
07-12-05, 11:42 AM
rivatuner oc's through coolbits. rivatuner is an all around robust tweaking program so it's good to have.

Big Ev
07-12-05, 11:43 AM
rivatuner oc's through coolbits. rivatuner is an all around robust tweaking program so it's good to have.
Okay, so if I just download rivatuner, I should be good? Should I download coolbits too?

Thanks for the quick replies btw

Rayman1968
07-12-05, 12:10 PM
What I do is run Coolbits2 (it's a registry file), and then install RivaTuner.

Clay
07-12-05, 12:13 PM
Use rewt's nVTweak utility...he's also the originator of Coolbits and Coolbits2.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40820&highlight=nvtweak

Big Ev
07-12-05, 12:22 PM
Use rewt's nVTweak utility...he's also the originator of Coolbits and Coolbits2.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40820&highlight=nvtweak
Okay, thanks for all your help. Now I just gotta get through my day at work before I can go home and give it a whirl.

Clay
07-12-05, 12:23 PM
Okay, thanks for all your help. Now I just gotta get through my day at work before I can go home and give it a whirl.
One tip, some people that haven't used NVTweak before don't realize that it doesn't have a "save" or "ok" button. As you check/uncheck the various options those are set in the Registry once you close NVTweak. So, just make your selections, close NVTweak, then when you open the NV Control Panel again you'll see the changes reflected, see the new tabs, etc.

Big Ev
07-12-05, 04:09 PM
One tip, some people that haven't used NVTweak before don't realize that it doesn't have a "save" or "ok" button. As you check/uncheck the various options those are set in the Registry once you close NVTweak. So, just make your selections, close NVTweak, then when you open the NV Control Panel again you'll see the changes reflected, see the new tabs, etc.
Okay, thanks for the tip. I'd probably be going insane, come back here to post and to find out why those buttons didn't exist and wondering if my settings where being saved :p

Only a few more hours at the office and then back to tinkering with my new rig.

Clay
07-12-05, 04:37 PM
NP, let us know how your tinkering goes. :)

Big Ev
07-12-05, 10:56 PM
Um, so I get NVTweak and I still cannot get to the aformentioned screen.

I am running on Win x64, that might have something to do with it?

Clay
07-12-05, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure, could be. I'd suggest posting about this in this thread: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40820&highlight=nvtweak

and/or sending rewt a PM.

jAkUp
07-13-05, 12:26 AM
WinX64 Does not work with NVTweak.

Just download, unzip, and install this, it will fix all your problems, it is just the overclocking tab in the nVidia driver options... nothing else:

Big Ev
07-13-05, 10:32 AM
WinX64 Does not work with NVTweak.

Just download, unzip, and install this, it will fix all your problems, it is just the overclocking tab in the nVidia driver options... nothing else:
Thanks for the info. At the office working (I know, gotta pay the bills), so I won't be able to try this for awhile. I'll let you know tonight though.

Big Ev
07-13-05, 08:59 PM
Downloaded it and works like a charm jAk, thanks.

jAkUp
07-14-05, 02:24 AM
No prob ;)