PDA

View Full Version : Driver Cleaner Professional Edition problems while using Forceware v77.72

Digital_Trans
07-12-05, 02:12 PM
I just installed the newest version of Driver Cleaner Professional Edition.
It gave me the option of cleaning up all the old content lefted behind once you uninstall Forceware drivers. I reinstalled the same drivers again for my BFG 7800 GTX with Forceware driver v77.72 Only now when playing games and surfing the web I'm starting to see short system lockups and lag. This is happening mainly in games. It's like a bottleneck effect. I don't like Driver Cleaner Professional because it appears to really screw up the Windows Registry for the Nvidia forceware drivers. Is there away to repair this problem
or fix it with any type of software?

Acid Rain
07-12-05, 02:22 PM
A lot of people swear by driver cleaner, but I think it isn't at all nescessary. Not with NV's drivers.

Now I just uninstall drivers in add/remove programs as NV directs. No problems with this, ever. When you install an older driver it askes you if you'd like to overwrite the existing newer file, telling me that add/remove certainly isn't the cleanest way, but that point is moot, as a new driver installation overwrites the stuff anyway.

My advice, slap on a driver, use add/remove programs to remove JUST the display driver, reboot, slap on a new driver and go have fun.

Digital_Trans
07-12-05, 02:38 PM
A lot of people swear by driver cleaner, but I think it isn't at all nescessary. Not with NV's drivers.

Now I just uninstall drivers in add/remove programs as NV directs. No problems with this, ever. When you install an older driver it askes you if you'd like to overwrite the existing newer file, telling me that add/remove certainly isn't the cleanest way, but that point is moot, as a new driver installation overwrites the stuff anyway.

My advice, slap on a driver, use add/remove programs to remove JUST the display driver, reboot, slap on a new driver and go have fun.

Why thank you.... "I like the part where you said have fun".

Acid Rain
07-12-05, 02:45 PM
Why thank you....I like the part where you said "have fun". You're welcome. That'll be $11.95, sir. :D

j0j081
07-12-05, 06:27 PM
Maybe drivercleaner accidentally removed some of your chipset files. If I were you I would uninstall all your drivers, use DC, then reinstall them all. That should fix it. I've never had any problems with Drivercleaner but I am careful about using the right filters.

macatak
07-13-05, 03:01 AM
You could try the method used in this article, be careful if you have an nForce mobo though :)

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

Huigie
07-13-05, 06:05 AM
You could try the method used in this article, be careful if you have an nForce mobo though :)

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

You should never uninstall NForce drivers with DCP, your machine will blue-screen after restart. You can allways update/downgrade NForce drivers WITHOUT deinstalling your previous drivers.