PDA

View Full Version : New WHQL certified drivers on 22nd July?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DSC
07-13-05, 12:06 AM
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=2425&s=1

The current Forceware 77.72 or even 80.40 drivers are not able to support 6600LE yet but the next official drivers will be released in the upcoming WHQL driver on 22nd July.

Please fix the busted gamma overlay slider in the control panel..... :p

Knacki99
07-13-05, 12:58 AM
Interesting quote, but I would believe that we see no new driver this month but rather August when Nvidia is said to launch 7800GT.

Keeping fingers crossed though.

macatak
07-13-05, 01:44 AM
There supposed to be a release this month to fix the "cold" bug in the 7800GTX.Article (http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050707_151857.html)

RpPRO
07-13-05, 02:43 AM
I read it, too, that an official driver is due in the middle of July but can't find the link now.

macatak
07-13-05, 02:53 AM
I read it, too, that an official driver is due in the middle of July but can't find the link now.
There's a link in my previous post

PeterJensen
07-13-05, 03:24 AM
What is the "cold" bug ?

RpPRO
07-13-05, 03:25 AM
Nah, it was a different source and I read it earlier - maybe in connection with some game patch? Dunno. Trying to find it now.

macatak
07-13-05, 03:27 AM
Chicago (IL) - Nvidia has confirmed a bug in its current driver software that prevents serious overclocking - by shutting down a graphics card not just when it runs too hot, but also too cool, Tom's Hardware Guide has learned.

This starts to happen when the temps drop below 35*C

:)

PeterJensen
07-13-05, 04:32 AM
ohhh well my temps will never go below 35c :)

F_L_C
07-13-05, 04:53 AM
Please fix the busted gamma overlay slider in the control panel..... :p

Although it only takes about 2 seconds to fix and doesn't affect people using VMR, 10 bucks says the problem will still be there.

rewt
07-13-05, 09:33 AM
doesn't affect people using VMR

That's because VMR doesn't use hardware overlay. I wonder what the next official release will be, 75 series or 80 series.

vmsein
07-13-05, 09:46 AM
There supposed to be a release this month to fix the "cold" bug in the 7800GTX.Article (http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050707_151857.html)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Speculation had it that this fix would be released much sooner than the 22nd of July :confused:

F_L_C
07-13-05, 09:57 AM
That's because VMR doesn't use hardware overlay. I wonder what the next official release will be, 75 series or 80 series.

Yeah, I know...what I meant was VMR users don't care. But 10 bucks says that the gamma bug won't be fixed and it'll be a 75 series.

SLippe
07-13-05, 03:24 PM
Speaking of VMR...

I don't have the box checked at the moment to enable VMR in the nvidia control panel. I have before, but I can't really see any difference. What is the benefit of having it checked or does it even make a difference on my system?

j0j081
07-13-05, 10:43 PM
Speaking of VMR...

I don't have the box checked at the moment to enable VMR in the nvidia control panel. I have before, but I can't really see any difference. What is the benefit of having it checked or does it even make a difference on my system?

Where is this setting? I haven't even seen it.

OWA
07-13-05, 11:11 PM
Me neither. I haven't seen a VMR option. Maybe it comes from nvtweak.

macatak
07-14-05, 12:44 AM
The only place i can find it is in WMP10 under Tools/Optins/Performance/Advanced/"Use video mixing renderer" (VMR)

F_L_C
07-14-05, 01:17 AM
The setting is "hidden" and disabled by default. To unhide, you could do it via the NVTweak tool or simply add the following DWORD entry:

NvCplShowEnableVMR=1

in the reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

On my particular system, enabling VMR makes colors, brightness, and contrast (in all video sources) much more accurate then using Overlay. The effect is similar to using the "High Quality Mode" in WMP10. Of course, one could almost match the effect by adjusting Overlay controls (color, contrast, saturation, etc.) but this becomes a hassle when you have to adjust for all the different video sources. By using VMR, the rendering is so satisfactory in all sources that I seldom need to make corrections in whatever video app I happen to be using.

Most videophiles will tell you that VMR (VMR9 in particular) is superior to Overlay. This is truly evident when one compares the image quality of an app capable of rendering in VMR9 (such as Zoom Player) to everyday apps such as WMP10, WinDVD, or PowerDVD.

macatak
07-14-05, 02:48 AM
The setting is "hidden" and disabled by default. To unhide, you could do it via the NVTweak tool or simply add the following DWORD entry:

NvCplShowEnableVMR=1

in the reg key:

On my particular system, enabling VMR makes colors, brightness, and contrast (in all video sources) much more accurate then using Overlay. The effect is similar to using the "High Quality Mode" in WMP10. Of course, one could almost match the effect by adjusting Overlay controls (color, contrast, saturation, etc.) but this becomes a hassle when you have to adjust for all the different video sources. By using VMR, the rendering is so satisfactory in all sources that I seldom need to make corrections in whatever video app I happen to be using.

Most videophiles will tell you that VMR (VMR9 in particular) is superior to Overlay. This is truly evident when one compares the image quality of an app capable of rendering in VMR9 (such as Zoom Player) to everyday apps such as WMP10, WinDVD, or PowerDVD.

That would explain why i had the VMR option in the Display Settings(Video Overlay Tab) when i had the XG 75.90 drivers installed, that tweak must of been enabled :)

DSC
07-14-05, 02:54 AM
Media Player Classic also supports VMR9.

ChrisRay
07-14-05, 06:08 PM
From what I have have seen. Driver will have a special treat for SLI users.

jAkUp
07-14-05, 06:26 PM

;)

ChrisRay
07-14-05, 08:08 PM
;)

I'm not talking about SLI profiles either. :cool:

j0j081
07-14-05, 08:10 PM

NvCplShowEnableVMR=1

in the reg key:

Hmm. I've had the high quality mode turned on in WMP for a while now. Must be why I never see the video bug in these drivers associated with overlay.

SignorSalad
07-15-05, 07:41 AM

Could you possibly mean that SLI enabled now supports having dual-view turned on at the same time? Or no reboots for turning SLI on and off? Or both?