PDA

View Full Version : Now this is odd...

Slyder
07-13-05, 02:07 AM
First off, I thought post this in here as the solution is more hardware focused.

Specs for the problem are AMD Sempron 850mhz, 128mb ram. (old skool ram at that), on board snd and vid and a basic 350watt power supply. XP SP2

The comp runs flawlessly, no problems and has been stable for 3 years now. Untill last night, when my friend called me over to install .NET Framework onto his rig. No problem I said, 30% into the installation the whole computer decides to just shut down and the only way to get it back on is to take the fuse out of the plug, put the fuse back in the plug and for some bizzar reason it decided to work perfect again.

So I shrugged it off and tried to install the framework again. Now I am lost because again at 30% the computer shuts down with only the above fix working to get the computer back on. :eek:

Easy solution is to not install .NET Framework, but I am just wondering if anyone else heard of this. :confused:

johnkeel105
07-13-05, 03:54 AM
I hate to say the obvious but, you can backup all of your files and reformat or just like not install it again like you said.

LBJM
07-13-05, 03:55 AM
sounds like the power supply needs to be replaced if not then the cpu.