PDA

View Full Version : Rallisport Stuttering: How to fix??? GF4 4400


sjchmura
12-19-02, 12:22 AM
P4-2.8ghz
1GB RAM
GF4 4400
40.72 drivers

I am getting bad stuttering even at 640x480 no AA. When it pans at the begging it stutters but then sometimes in the race it gets VERY choppy. Even going to LOW 640x480 does not completely solve this problem

ATI 9700 owners have the same issue

tb77
12-21-02, 03:05 PM
Hi!

You can try 3d-analyze. Go to the files section on http://www.tommti-systems.com.

Thomas

LORD-eX-Bu
12-21-02, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by tb77
Hi!

You can try 3d-analyze. Go to the files section on http://www.tommti-systems.com.

Thomas

Thats considered spam. Your website also links to porn and warez.

EDIT: Sorry, don't have anything against you, but hey, we have to follow rules too.;)

tb77
12-21-02, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
Thats considered spam. Your website also links to porn and warez.

EDIT: Sorry, don't have anything against you, but hey, we have to follow rules too.;)


I'am not responsible for the content of the linked banner hosting system. It hosted by a legal company in germany, so you won't find any illegal conent, just informations and such stuff. You won't get any real content from these linked sites without a dialer (1,86 euro/min), because these sites are money orineted.

A simple click will close this ONE window, so its no popup terror.

Regards,
Thomas

The Baron
12-21-02, 11:42 PM
Having your first post in the forum be plugging your site and then the second be defending that plug... that's not exactly a good way to start off.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4316

That's the real Rallisport thread, would Matty or Volt please close this before it gets out of hand.

saturnotaku
12-22-02, 12:03 AM
Tim, et al - the program "advertised" here is legit and it's reportedly helped some folks at Rage3D with their stuttering issues.

While I don't agree with the way the poster here pimped his site (a simple download link would have sufficed) it's not as if he's just come out of the woodwork.

In case you're questioning my own reason for not closing this, here's (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33646115) a link to the thread at R3D.

Now what any of the other mods/admins do here is their perogative but I'm personally going to let this slide. Had I not seen the Rage3D thread I'd close this in a heartbeat.

sjchmura
12-22-02, 12:16 AM
No matter - this program does NOTHING for the stuttering - tried it on 2 different P4/GF4 4200 or 4400 systms. All with IT7 MB. All with 1GB RAM. All >2.7Ghz

nin_fragile14
12-22-02, 12:41 AM
That program fixes the stuttering for me; I've used it ever since I got Rallisport Challenge. Just run the game through 3dAnalyze and click on "stutter fix".

I would give someone crap for pumping his site too, but his program really does work, so cut him some slack.

The Baron
12-22-02, 01:19 PM
OK, if it works, my apologies. Just thought it was kind of suspicious for a first post to be plugging something at his own site without any explanation.

sjchmura
12-22-02, 10:35 PM
What exactly does 3D Analyze do? The google translation is not great

tb77
12-23-02, 01:16 PM
Hi!

There is a help.html in the 3d-analyze package. It's german and english and it should tell you everything you need. If you have some special question, just ask.

Happy christmas,
Thomas

P.S. It was not my intention to offend someone with my first/second post, I just wanted to help the guy with his problem, nothing more.

sjchmura
12-23-02, 04:58 PM
I a not sure why it does not help me.

P4-2.8ghz
400mhz DDR 1GB
GF4-4400

I mean, how much faster can you get? It is SOOO fast FPS then - suddenly it just "pausses" - so weird. No background tasks running (winXP) etc.

But - again - WHAT exactly are you patching?

Also too - after applying the patch is the Rallisport.exe modified? I notice that I do NOT have to run the batch file and I can still see the counter.

tb77
12-23-02, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by sjchmura
I a not sure why it does not help me.

P4-2.8ghz
400mhz DDR 1GB
GF4-4400

I mean, how much faster can you get? It is SOOO fast FPS then - suddenly it just "pausses" - so weird. No background tasks running (winXP) etc.

But - again - WHAT exactly are you patching?

Also too - after applying the patch is the Rallisport.exe modified? I notice that I do NOT have to run the batch file and I can still see the counter.

Delete the d3d8.dll / d3d8g.dl from the Rallisport directory. It doesn't patch any file. It just changes the way, a vertex buffer is created.

Thomas

sjchmura
12-25-02, 10:45 PM
Anyone venture to try the new 41.80 drivers with Rallisport?? I hate upgrading drivers - that destroys all my custom rez settings for my HDTV :(

Countach69
12-29-02, 10:16 PM
Stuttering/Rallisport/Nvidia

Could somebody verify the following: setting the "0 frames ahead option" considerably reduces MS Rallisport stuttering on an Nvidia GeForce4MX-440.

-Download Nvhard from: www.guru3d.com/nvhardpage
-Start Nvhard and Activate Cool Bits.
-Go in the Nvidia's display properties.
-Performance and Quality Settings
-Direct3D Settings
-More Direct3D
-Set Vertical Sync Mode to: Always Off
-Set Render no more than: 0 Frames ahead

-The steps above are related to the Nvidia drivers 41.09
-Nvhard is not neccessary if you already have an other
utility that shows the "Render no more than: X Frames ahead"


Countach69

sjchmura
12-30-02, 08:36 AM
I will try that later on a 4400.

ALso try this:

Reduce you Video acceleration DOWN one notch. This solves 99% of the stutter on my card (4400 41.09 drivers or 42.01) and 100% on all ATI cards.

I lost 500points in 3D mark but who cares. No more stutter.

For the game

Start
Single race
First track
First car

You can see it INSTANTLY on the pan. With the video accel down one notch there is no stutter.

Floruro
12-30-02, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Countach69
Stuttering/Rallisport/Nvidia

Could somebody verify the following: setting the "0 frames ahead option" considerably reduces MS Rallisport stuttering on an Nvidia GeForce4MX-440.

-Download Nvhard from: www.guru3d.com/nvhardpage
-Start Nvhard and Activate Cool Bits.
-Go in the Nvidia's display properties.
-Performance and Quality Settings
-Direct3D Settings
-More Direct3D
-Set Vertical Sync Mode to: Always Off
-Set Render no more than: 0 Frames ahead

-The steps above are related to the Nvidia drivers 41.09
-Nvhard is not neccessary if you already have an other
utility that shows the "Render no more than: X Frames ahead"


Countach69

That Sorted it out! great stuff. Thanks alot!

elusive
12-30-02, 02:42 PM
i set the prerender in riva tuner/ directx to 0
andit fixed it

THANKS A LOT MAN!

sjchmura
01-01-03, 05:11 PM
Crap, this did not work.

Do you guys have VSYNC disabled or enalbed (tried it both ways)

What resoltiuon, AA, and AF are playing at.

:o

This is driving me mad

RaggaMuffin
01-26-03, 11:34 AM
the 42.70 drivers help with the stuttering on my ti4200. I also had pauses from time to time and i found that overclocking caused these. no other game was affected by the overclocking even ut 2003