PDA

View Full Version : Slow down problems

YR100002
07-13-05, 06:29 PM
Everything was fine then I formatted and installed and my computer went to crap. In my games I get this jerk kinda like lag but not and my fps drop way low and stutters. Iv had people look at it and they sayed everything was fine and whatnot but its runing horrible.

-Specs-
Asus a8v Deluxe
1gig PQI Turbo Memory runing Dual Channel 1 and 3
36gig Raptor Driver runing on VIA Sata raid driver
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (had to use unofficial drivers for this to work)
AMD64 3200+
480watt PSU (came in the case)
PNY 6800GT

I made sure I had the latest via chipset drivers and card drivers and whatnot and even when I go back to the old drivers I still get the same performance.

My programs tend to lag aswell.

SigmaOrionis
07-13-05, 11:09 PM
I dont know if either of these are your problem.

1. Are you forcing refresh rates inside the drivers. This destroyed performance for me in several games. It would give me a slide show whenever I tried to pan my view.

2. Did you make sure your drivers are set to Single Display.? I've read that this can really mess up your frame rate in some games if it is set to multidisplay.

TB303
07-14-05, 07:19 AM
Also,
Are you sure you inistalled teh latest AGP drivers for your board?

I forgot to do that... at first...

YR100002
07-14-05, 03:18 PM
I transfered my games over to my IDE drive and I am still getting that slugish performance so I think it may be a defective video card.

j0j081
07-14-05, 07:57 PM
I transfered my games over to my IDE drive and I am still getting that slugish performance so I think it may be a defective video card.
Wasn't it working fine before the reformat? If so I doubt the video card is defective. Usually when things slow down as you described it is the card reducing its core speed - low power. Use RivaTuner and see if that is going on when the slowdown occurs.

Gentle
07-14-05, 11:24 PM
If you haven't done so already...

Uninstall and reinstall your AGP GART drivers.

These are often overlooked.

Gentle

Muppet
07-15-05, 03:48 AM
Don't forget the chipset drivers that came with the motherboard.