PDA

View Full Version : pre-order Xbox 360?

JeRi
07-14-05, 09:28 AM
been thinkin about this for a while, and as i love my xbox (never thought i would say that as i was BIG nintendo fan up until the big slump gamecube hit a while back and was totally against an xbox at the time...but then i got introduced to modchips :D ) i'm about 99% sure i wanna get one. but i'm just not sure if it's worth it to preorder right now. i'm kinda leaning towards waiting till christmas time to get one as i doubt i'll have the $$ to spare in the fall as i'll be at college (need beer money of course). but my question is, should i preorder one anyway, even if i'll be waiting till christmas? do you think stock will be low/out by christmas, or would i be ok if i just waited till then and rely on my parents to get me one (which may or may not be smart to begin with lol)

six_storm
07-14-05, 11:33 AM
Preordering now means you will be getting a system from the 1st or 2nd shipment. According to EB Games, once the system is available for you to purchase, you have 48 hours to claim it or it's gone. The way things are looking right now is that the XBOX 360 will release early to mid-November. IMO I think it will be extremely hard to find one of these puppies around the Christmas time. If you want one this year without the stress and straining, preorder and buy it around Thanksgiving. Hope this helps.

LiquidX
07-14-05, 11:33 AM
You might as well just tell your parents to pre-order one for you now or do it yourself especially if you live in a big city and really hoping to get one or you can wait until they hit Ebay for $500. All indications is that it will be a big hit this holiday and from the past we know launch consoles sell out by X-Mas. Hopefully MS will have enough and not purposely hold back units like Sony did. :thumbdwn: Personaly I am hoping to snag one online to save my self the hassle and tax. ;)

JeRi
07-14-05, 11:57 AM
yeah, i had a feeling it would be tough to find one....well better make the proposal to my parents and see how they feel (money's been an issue lately cuz we're trying to sell our house, which hasn't gone too well so far)...i'm gonna have to catch them at a good time, cuz i know christmas presents are THE LAST thing on their mind right now :(

Seph gPu
07-14-05, 01:06 PM
I'd save the money for something more useful...like a r520 =)

JeRi
07-14-05, 07:52 PM
haha, yeah i could save for like 7800 or something..but truthfully i do way more console gaming than i do pc gaming, so i figure it'll be a good investment

JeRi
07-14-05, 08:29 PM
bah stupid double post