PDA

View Full Version : No one lives forever 2

MarcMan
07-14-05, 02:42 PM
I just installed a new BFG 6800 GT. When I'm playing nolf2 the game will crash. Restarting the pc will not help I need to turn the pc off for 10 sec or more to get video again. Is this the fault of the card or the game?
Never had any trouble like this with my old 9800 pro.
:fanboy:
Thanks.

Asus P4C800-E Delux
Pentium 4 3GHz
1 gig memory (Geil)
480 watt power supply

saturnotaku
07-14-05, 02:48 PM
I could never get NOLF 2 to run right on any recent video card, NVIDIA or ATI. That engine has a lot of serious flaws in it, which is a shame because the few times the game actually ran well it was a ton of fun. :(

Not that this helps you much, but I think it's probably more a fault of the game than the hardware.

SignorSalad
07-14-05, 04:24 PM
When the game first came out, I played through it using a 9700 pro, and had hard lockup or reboot crashes repeatedly. I managed to finish the game, but only through extreme persistence. The crashes wound up causing corruption to the point I had to reinstall windows. I blamed it at the time on the 9700 as neverwinter nights was crashing on me as well.

j0j081
07-14-05, 08:26 PM
I've had the game for a while but never got around to playing it because it ran too slow on my old 9600. I hope it works fine with my new system.

FortranDragon
07-14-05, 08:56 PM
I just installed a new BFG 6800 GT. When I'm playing nolf2 the game will crash. Restarting the pc will not help I need to turn the pc off for 10 sec or more to get video again. Is this the fault of the card or the game?

I've not had a crash with my XFX 6600 GT using the 77.72 WHQL drivers.

Are you running the latest version (1.3)?

|MaguS|
07-15-05, 07:14 AM
I can run the original and the sequel just fine on my setup... if your having issues then you either didn't patch or its your PC.

MarcMan
07-15-05, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the advise. Last night I discovred the main cooling fan was unplugged, maybe when I installed the card. Now that the fan is running everything seems ok.
I guess the BFG runs hot because it's overclocked :firedevil .

MarcMan
07-15-05, 10:27 AM
The game is GREAT! lots of fun. Good multiplayer to.

FortranDragon
07-15-05, 11:27 AM
Aye. The Doomsday mode is my favorite. I've seen plenty of games where people are having so much fun battling back and forth neither side will complete the Doomsday device until the end of level timer starts.

The standard coop mission are fun, if a bit short. I wish Monolith had added some more missions. That said, some folks have figured out how to run the single player missions as coop games. It isn't perfect, but it works well enough.

I really like the tags/traps added to the game. It adds a fun level of strategy to the fights. There's nothing quite like having your enemy slip on a banana peel. I wish more games would add the tag/trap option.

(I also wish more games would add a coop mode. There's nothing like gaming *with* your friends instead of *against* your friends. Ah, well, here's hoping Serious Sam 2 doesn't suck. :-))

j0j081
07-17-05, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the advise. Last night I discovred the main cooling fan was unplugged, maybe when I installed the card. Now that the fan is running everything seems ok.
I guess the BFG runs hot because it's overclocked :firedevil .
LOlzers. Nice one running with no fan those get hot enough w/the fan!