PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Patch

mx125race
07-14-05, 10:35 PM
Well the recent patch for BF 2 has some positives...one of those is that it updates the server list a little more... the pings are not -- but the filters are a bit more accurate...some other minor fixes...

a big negative is that it causes memory leakage :thumbdwn:

EA suggests that u wait 2 play BF 2 until the next patch comes out, or completley re-install your game and dont install the recent patch and wait for the next one...

lIqUID
07-14-05, 11:11 PM
welcome to last week.

PeterJensen
07-15-05, 02:05 AM
Dice/EA need to fix this damn game asap. I love playing the game but all those bugs/performance isssues are driving me crazy. And PLEASE GOD DAMMINT FIX THE LINUX SERVER :mad:

Mudcrutch
07-15-05, 02:22 AM
sort of off-topic... but do any of you have poor performance on daqin oilfields? all the maps run great at my current settings but that damn map really kills my fps..

killahsin
07-15-05, 05:15 AM
there is a hotfix in the works

Gaco
07-15-05, 06:49 AM
sort of off-topic... but do any of you have poor performance on daqin oilfields? all the maps run great at my current settings but that damn map really kills my fps..

Nope the problem must be with you..
-------------------------------------------------
The latest news I've read on this issue is at Danish Boomtown a few hours ago. Ill try to translate a few phrases here:

"Gamespy has enlightened us with following information from a mail from EA:

GameSpy Login Issues
It has been brought to our attention that some users may be experiencing login problems when trying to log into GameSpy through the BF2 in-game browser. GameSpy is in the process of hunting down the problem to get it fixed they have determined that the issue is related to web sites tracking BF2 stats, the stats tracking feed may be turned off temporarily in order to speed up this process. However, it will be turned back on after this issue has been resolved.

and...

EA/Dice is reporting that...

HOTFIX Candidate Now Being Tested!
Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through this web space.

So it sounds like Dice didn't scrap patch version 1.01, but is now investigating the cause for the memory leak. And it seems they are succesful. As they are now testing the new patch thoroughly (hopefully) we can expect a new patch/hotfix from Dice ASAP.

The latest news is...

And concerning the problems people have been experiencing with the ingame serverbrowser here is their answer:

Well some good news for a change. We have a solid patch. We are in final stages of testing and will be deploying to a some trusted partners to test soon. We are running it in our racks right now. multiple instances ect. looks good.

What this release will contain.
1 - a client patch that will update users of 2442 or 2475 to 2484 (new version)
2 - New windows and Linux servers ranked and unranked.

When
Perhaps as early as Friday evening. I prefer not to release on a Friday evening but Larry Probst may have a different idea.
This fixes the server leak, fixes many issues with browser, fixes a crash bug and a key binding crash. Basically all of what was in 2475.

Other items (some of this old news)
1 - Xpack - this has been in production for months by DICE Canada (BFV team) they are not able to assist in the fix to the patch or they would have been drafted.
2 - Gamespy - Last night gamespy added a additional master list servers. The deployment did not go well and they pull those servers down till they can figure out what happened. It is most unfortunate that there problem effected our customers. Gamespy was very responsive and got things quickly once they where aware of the issue. This effected all games powered by games spy. right now 80% of game spy's business in battlefield.

So it would seem that they're not totally butt****ing us... :thumbsup:

Greg
07-15-05, 10:46 AM
Depends what you mean. I think that map uses even more memory than most of the others, and when I fly around, it is never smooth, just keeps making little pauses as it struggles with my measily 1gb. If you mean general low FPS, I don't think I've noticed.

jAkUp
07-15-05, 10:48 AM
I've noticed the large 64 players severs are generally much slower than the 32... well.. I guess thats kinda obvious...