PDA

View Full Version : BF2 crashing to desktop after 10 minutes

dsessom
07-14-05, 09:55 PM
Is anyone else having this problem?

I got the retail version of BF2, and installed it. No problem. Installed the NVIDIA drivers with it. (77.30)

Started up the game and started playing...
After 10 minutes or so, it just crashed to desktop. I don't mean minimize, it just went completely off. This happened 6 or 7 times, on different servers.
I decided to install 77.72 drivers. Still does the same thing.
So, I tried the patch. Afterward, it wouldn't even start up at all.

SO... I completely uninstalled, and reinstalled. SAME PROBLEM!
I even tried different screen resolutions, disabling Punkbuster, etc.
Nothing worked to fix the problem.
Anyone have any ideas? Is this a widespread issue, or just me?

Here are my system specs:
Pentium4 2.4C
ABIT IC7-MAX3
2GB Corsair XMS Pro
80GB WD Raptor primary drive
2X 160GB Maxtor slave drives.
WinXP Pro, SP2

Thanks in advance for any help..

Dwayne

watever
07-14-05, 11:43 PM
Ive tried everything to fix that damn crash to desktop. So far i havent found an all out solution, but running my ram in 2T reduced the crashing to a minimun.

jAkUp
07-15-05, 12:25 AM
I had to downclock my system to get it to keep from crashing straight to the desktop.. strange I can superPI fine, and all games are 100% solid, except BF2...

wshadow
07-15-05, 12:28 AM
alt+tab doesnt work for too long with BF2, doesnt wierd screen stuff sometimes after a while....i guess i need more than 1gig ram:P

BioHazZarD
07-15-05, 03:58 AM
try the 77.50 drivers i use them and from what i understand alof of people like this one.

Muppet
07-15-05, 04:01 AM
alt+tab doesnt work for too long with BF2, doesnt wierd screen stuff sometimes after a while....i guess i need more than 1gig ram:P
Makes no difference with 2GB, i get the red flashing screen when i alt-tab

bonchez
07-16-05, 08:48 PM
I get the same problem. It crashes, I wouldn't say in about 10 mins, it takes a little longer for me.

dsessom
07-18-05, 09:03 PM
The new 1.02 patch doesn't help matters either. I even tried a different video card (9800XT) which is listed as compatible video card, and still have the same problem. Doesn't matter which drivers I use either...

I think BF2 is a big steaming pile of crap at this point...

Arto*
07-18-05, 09:19 PM
Is anyone else having this problem?

I got the retail version of BF2, and installed it. No problem. Installed the NVIDIA drivers with it. (77.30)

Started up the game and started playing...
After 10 minutes or so, it just crashed to desktop. I don't mean minimize, it just went completely off. This happened 6 or 7 times, on different servers.
I decided to install 77.72 drivers. Still does the same thing.
So, I tried the patch. Afterward, it wouldn't even start up at all.

SO... I completely uninstalled, and reinstalled. SAME PROBLEM!
I even tried different screen resolutions, disabling Punkbuster, etc.
Nothing worked to fix the problem.
Anyone have any ideas? Is this a widespread issue, or just me?

Here are my system specs:
Pentium4 2.4C
ABIT IC7-MAX3
2GB Corsair XMS Pro
80GB WD Raptor primary drive
2X 160GB Maxtor slave drives.
WinXP Pro, SP2

Thanks in advance for any help..

Dwayne

I've been having the same problems. Try downclocking like Jakup said and also try uninstaling all video drivers then running driver cleaner or scan disk (recommend both). After thats done reinstal the drivers and it should work. Thats how I fixed my problem.

SH64
07-19-05, 06:38 PM
I'm having crashes too .. even with 2gig :(
someone needs to do something about it!

Delbert
07-25-05, 10:55 AM
Has anybody tried disabling the Nvidia Service. Noticed it is mentioned on the Net that it contributes to other games crashing.... just a thought !!

Banko
07-25-05, 11:15 AM
I too get the same problem, I even tried running everything at stock speeds :/

nVestor
07-25-05, 11:23 AM
Ya, a bud had this problem too. He thought it might be the game as well, till I had him run CCleaner. He had a previous install of another game that muffed up some dll's. After that he has been running fine.

This is not the resolve for everyone, though it did help him.