PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia firewall on A8N-SLI Premium

npr_noah_adams
07-15-05, 08:28 PM
Just built a new system with an A8N-SLI Premium. I thought I was going crazy for a while - all of my POP3 email accounts were randomly getting timed out. I had the nvidia firewall set to "antihacking only" - when I turned it off, all of the timeout problems went away.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? It's fairly redundant anyway, but I'm still curious.

OWA
07-15-05, 10:21 PM
I didn't install it. With the NF3 motherboard I use in my other system, the manual recommended to avoid it so that made me leery of it. So, I didn't give it a chance with the A8N-SLI Premium.

ViN86
07-15-05, 11:18 PM
i had anti-hacking only enabled on mine and i didnt get that problem. however, i dont use the nvidia firewall. didnt really like it, i like the control that other 3rd party programs offer.

ricercar
07-16-05, 05:10 AM
POP is fine on my A8N SLI Premium with NVIDIA Firewall at Max.

OWA
07-16-05, 09:26 AM
Are you using that now instead of ZoneAlarm ricercar?

ricercar
07-16-05, 01:30 PM
Yes. (Good memory from another thread!) I'm testing the NVIDIA firewall on my new A8N system. Eudora 6.2.1 appears to have full permissions to collect my POP email with no issue.

However, NV firewall is vexing me with pop-up requests that are unreachable during full-screen games. For example, I had to close Doom3 to give Doom3 permissions for a networked game, even when I've given NV firewall permission for Doom3 previously. WTF?

I may have to break down and http://gadzikowski.com/images/rtfm.gif

OWA
07-16-05, 01:35 PM
I have been thinking about giving it a shot instead of using ZA also. So thanks for the info.