PDA

View Full Version : New monitor flickering - help!

Starscream
12-19-02, 10:09 AM
I just picked up a 17 inch viewsonic A70F monitor. It's great except for the fact that it has a slight flickering on the screen. At first I though it was because of a low refresh rate, now it's at 85hz and there is still a definate flickering and slight shaking of the screen.

Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this??? I'm thinking of bringing it back to the store and seeing if it happens to them.

FastM
12-19-02, 10:28 AM
Is there anything close to the back of the monitor? Power cables, AC Fans, Cable modems..?

If its close to a wall some high power electrical wires in the walls could be doing it to so try moving it to a different spot on your desk.

If it still does it then i would say you got a Lemon and return it asap.

Starscream
12-19-02, 10:44 AM
I've moved everything else off the desk and moved it as far away from the wall as possible, but it's still doing it. I'm going to bring it to a friend's house and if it still happens there I'll be bringing it back immediatley.

g0at
12-20-02, 03:49 AM
sounds like a lemon to me, too...

if the connections are fine, and jacking up the refresh doesn't work, go ahead and return it. viewsonics are nice, though, so don't let that turn you off from the brand name ;)

I got a Viewsonic G810 that I had to return twice already (and each time I got a new model :cool: )