PDA

View Full Version : RMA: Newegg or XFX?

angshuman
07-16-05, 12:12 AM
I have finally found the time to go through with the RMA process on my toasted XFX 6600GT. I have one question, though: Newegg.com (from where I ordered the card) has its own RMA application form. Should I do this through Newegg, or should I directly contact XFX? My card is about 5 months old.

Thanks in advance.
Angshuman

Addy
07-16-05, 12:17 AM
If it's 5 months old you'd have to go thru XFX unless you got an extended warranty from Newegg.

angshuman
07-16-05, 12:31 AM
Well, it seems Newegg is willing to replace my card. The RMA info page on Newegg sayss that they are willing to replace any part that is under warranty, *unless explicitly noted otherwise*.

I started the online RMA form and pulled out my Order History, and indeed, my card is among the selectable set of items for replacement (my CPU, for instance, was *not* selectable).

This seems really convenient. I knew newegg was good, but this is pretty darned awesome. Is there a catch? Will they send the card out to XFX for repair? If so, it will take ages before I get it back :mad:

Addy
07-16-05, 02:18 AM
Yeah thatís pretty cool of Newegg. But if all they are going to do is send it to XFX anyways you might save yourself some time by dealing with them directly. I did that with a hard drive that the retailer was willing to cover but dealt with Seagate myself. Anyways, g'luck.

ricercar
07-16-05, 06:09 AM
Newegg was fast when I RMAd a CPU. I'd go for the Newegg coverage since they have a known process in place.

angshuman
07-16-05, 11:30 AM
Approximately how much time did it take? I'm moving in a month, so I'd probably give them my new address if it typically takes about a month.

ricercar
07-16-05, 01:40 PM
It was days. Less than a week. However, I live in California, so as far as delivery time is concerned, your milage may vary.

keith33
07-16-05, 08:33 PM
XFX is dirt slow when it comes to RMAs. It might even take a month, always go with Newegg if you can.

angshuman
07-17-05, 12:27 AM
Alright, that settles it... Newegg it is, then! Thanks for your help, folks. I'll let you know how things turn out when it's all over.