PDA

View Full Version : ASUS P5WD2 Premium problem

AngelGraves13
07-16-05, 07:37 AM
So I updated my motherboard and hard drives today. Everything is fine except that my CPU, which was running at 40 to 45 degrees C on my last motherboard in the same case, is now running at 70 degrees C in this one. Do you think I should remove the CPU and try putting it back again, maybe it's not sitting right?

wheeljack12
07-16-05, 02:07 PM
well, if this is the same case your original motherboard was in, I would try making sure your cpu heat sink and fan corner pins are in all the way. I know I have a friend who setup a socket 775 motherboard and had to visually verify that the heat sink and fan are properly installed. He couldn't hear the clicks that intel tells you to listen for when you install the hsf. Then I would try the heat sink and fan reinstallation again.

AngelGraves13
07-18-05, 08:18 PM
It seems other people are having the same problem with the motherboard, but the temperature itself isn't as high as the BIOS or PC Probe II suggest.

I'm going to buy that new Zalman CNPS9500 LED fan that's coming out soon. That thing looks amazing and will most likely cool my CPU to the bone along with the motherboard and graphics card.

2 GBs of Corsair XMS2-8000UL (800 Mhz) memory and a Geforce 7800 GTX are all I need to purchase to finish my upgrade. I'm also looking forward to the new Creative X-Fi sound card, although my Realtek ALC882 isn't too bad. Maybe another dual 250 GB set of my hard drives just for backups in RAID 0 mode. I'd consider getting the new Pioneer DVR-110, if it's any diffferent than my 109, but it looks to be about the same.