PDA

View Full Version : 7800 GTX and BF2 Glitch

5150 Joker
07-16-05, 08:24 AM
Whenever I play BF2, I noticed that sometimes for a split second my screen fills up with what I can only describe as static. It happens maybe every 5-10 minutes and I'm just hoping its not a sign of some impending component faliure. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but if you have please let me know.

5150 Joker
07-16-05, 07:35 PM
Well if anyone is wondering the problem went away once I adjusted my rails. Guess they were falling too low under load.

ckayahan
12-14-05, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I got an ASUS 7800 GX TOP last friday and I experiencing the very exact problem, these static type of things that appear when I am playing games such as FEAR, BATTLEFIELD 2 etc. I experimented with BF2 and kind of concluded that it is FSAA that causes this. How did you solve your problem? What do you mean by your rails were too low ? (you mean the heat sink?) If you can let me know I will appreciate. AFter buying an expensive card I would rather not see static :)))

LJ

OWA
12-14-05, 05:45 PM
He's probably talking about the power supply.

ckayahan
12-14-05, 10:51 PM
He's probably talking about the power supply.

I see, well I specifically upgraded my psu to enermax all in one 565P-VE powersupply to make sure I have enough juice though. What should be the ideal psu supply rates under load? I have 11.904 V, 4.999 V, 3.248V, 1.488 V as my values which seem to be pretty stable.

My question is, what might be possibly causing this? From past experience I know that faulty vga ram can cause glitches or corruption but the ones that appear in my screen are more like a static rather than a glitch. Can heat be the issue, or teh fact that ASUS TOP is an overclocked version? If you might direct me in any direction I would appreciate it... Thanks

Burc