PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster Audigy 2 Plat: Some help needed

DoomUK
07-16-05, 02:21 PM
The 40-pin ribbon cable that connects the soundcard to the drive bay expansion is broken (doh :bash: ). It's been a bit wonky for a while now; the little bracket that secures the cable to the connector has snapped off.

I've looked high and low for a replacement, but to no avail. I could reaplace the whole stup for 60, but I'd rather spend under 10 on a cable if I can :clever: Anyone know of where I can find one?

Thanks

mx125race
07-16-05, 02:28 PM
is there a manufacturer warranty? if there is u could have them replace it...if not, finding a single cable would be pretty hard, even though it costs more, i suggest replacing the soundcard :( but if u can find the cable, defintiley go with that

DoomUK
07-16-05, 02:45 PM
The card came with a pre-built comp I bought 2 years ago now, so not much chance of a replacement unfortunatley.

I can't make do with onboard sound either, although I must confess I haven't actually heard my mobo's audio processor in action, I can't live without a decent expansion sound card.

Smokey
07-16-05, 02:55 PM
Send an email off to Creative support in the UK, they should be able to replace it for you, and before any says that Creative support arent very helpfull, I actually have found them very helpfull in the past.

DoomUK
07-16-05, 04:07 PM
Seem to have got it working right now after a bit (a lot) of fiddling with the cable. The odd thing is now that the only port on the drive bay front panel that doesn't work is the mic in socket :(