PDA

View Full Version : nforce3 drivers?

mapel110
07-16-05, 07:08 PM
Always new nforce4 drivers but no nforce3 support? Is there a beta remix driver around with the newest ones?
I use 5.10 17. September 2004 OMGLOL

Its because I got problems with both onboard NICs.

Zips
07-17-05, 03:07 AM
You can actually use the nforce4 drivers on nforce3. The installer generally only displays the components that are safe to install on your system. If by some fluke that doesn't work (though it usually does), don't install the GART driver for nforce4 under any circumstances.

mapel110
07-17-05, 05:04 AM
thx, I'll try it.

j0j081
07-17-05, 08:23 PM
You can actually use the nforce4 drivers on nforce3. The installer generally only displays the components that are safe to install on your system. If by some fluke that doesn't work (though it usually does), don't install the GART driver for nforce4 under any circumstances.
nForce4 sets don't have a gart do they?

Zips
07-17-05, 08:48 PM
nForce4 sets don't have a gart do they?
Not entirely sure, just going by what I read in this forum before in which they said not to install the GART driver. Not like it really matters anyway since the nforce installers just install compatible components.

Shamrock
07-17-05, 09:18 PM
No, they dont. For NForce 3 platforms (me included) you must install the 5.10's (official) or 6.53's (beta's) then "UPGRADE" to NF4 drivers. JUST to get your GART driver

cadoras99
07-18-05, 12:27 AM
I say funk that GART driver. I've done several different versions of it and it always screws things up. Everything works fine when I uninstall it.

j0j081
07-18-05, 08:19 PM
I say funk that GART driver. I've done several different versions of it and it always screws things up. Everything works fine when I uninstall it.
LOL dumest thing I've read today!

CaptNKILL
07-18-05, 08:29 PM
LOL dumest thing I've read today!
:lol:
Yeah, lets go without our AGP drivers people... PCI mode r0xx0rz!!11one :p

cfao
07-19-05, 09:40 PM
Actually the nforce4 drivers don't install the IDE driver, because the inf only has nforce4 IDE/SATA references, so it doesn't install over the default windows driver. Has anyone tried to force the nforce4 driver by installing manually?

Nvidia really needs to do something about "old" nforce chipset drivers.

CainSyris
07-19-05, 09:59 PM
Nforce3? What is that? It doesn't exist any more, does it? I mean, nVidia and all the OEMs seem to have forgotten it was ever made...

Firmware updates for X2 CPUs? Naaah. New drivers for what is supposedly easily cross-programmed driver updates? Naaaah.

Really disappointed in the status of driver updates for nf3 and nVidia's not helping.

j0j081
07-20-05, 04:47 AM
Actually the nforce4 drivers don't install the IDE driver, because the inf only has nforce4 IDE/SATA references, so it doesn't install over the default windows driver. Has anyone tried to force the nforce4 driver by installing manually?

Nvidia really needs to do something about "old" nforce chipset drivers.
I force it all the time on my nForce3 without any problems.